X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

The Fall

Is there a thread already on this movie, or has anyone seen it yet? Saw a preview and thought it was intriguing...was wondering if it was worth a rental or not.
  • littlesaint
    • Jul 2007

It ended up being not what I expected, but I enjoyed it. The cinematography is exceptional.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

They say the Blu-ray version is something to behold. Unfortunately, no one around here has it on Blu for rental and I don't feel this is the kind of film I would want to see more than once, so I don't intend to buy it.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• littlesaint
        • Jul 2007

I definitely recommend Blu-ray for this. It's directed by Tarsem Singh who's "debut" was The Cell to give you an idea of the visuals here. It gets a little slow in places, but as a whole, very satisfying. I would say it's even worth additional views as there's a lot of symbolism and references I missed the first time around.
        Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Locally it costs $35 so it won't be high on my list of discs I want to own on Blu. Perhaps sometime it will be available at a discount. Recalling the visuals of The Cell, I find myself anxious to see The Fall. If worst comes to worst, I'll rent it on SDVD.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

I just watched this tonight on BD from Netflix, and found it well worth it. There were portions that stumbled, were a bit weird, or caught me saying, "huh?" But it's a visual FEAST cinematically, with beautiful scenery, gorgeous costumes, great sets, and vibrant colors. Absolutely recommended on BD if you can, for visuals.

I enjoyed this movie. The stumbles kept me from giving it 5 stars, but I'll give it :4: out of :5:
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

:4: out of :5: Chris? Okay, that's enough for me. It's on my birthday "want list".

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Dec 2000

Yeah, I won't be buying it, but it was worth watching. The visual feast part of it reminded me somewhat of my thoughts on "Ultraviolet"--some of the best sets, costume designs, and colors I've seen. Movie left some to be desired, but in this case not NEARLY as much as Ultraviolet. That's where the comparison ends--Ultraviolet went wayyyyy beyond "some to be desired", to "that was one of the most awful things I've seen".

On another note, there is a scene of "aboriginal-native"-type people doing a group ritual kind of dance. Very similar to a scene in "Baraka", very artistically well done.
                CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"