X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Don't Mess with the Zohan... so close.

I saw the trailers, it looked pretty good, so I gave it a chance and bought it. This movie was so close to be Adam Sandler's best. From the beginning of the movie, everybody kept laughing. Halfway through the movie, everyone was still laughing and I was wondering what had happened to Adam Sandler. The material was great. It wasn't typical Adam Sandler. Yes, it was Happy Madison Productions (Adam Sandler company), but it was so fresh. Up to that point, I really thought this was his best movie yet, bar none.

Until about the last 20 minutes of the movie, when the antagonist comes to America (part of the story line), and then it really changed. It became typical Adam Sandler movie, and the ending was as usual. It was disappointing because the first 70-80 minutes of the movie was so good! But even though the beginning was good, when you watch the ending, you're left with the impression of the ending. Just "it was alright". But if you stop the movie before the antagonist comes to America, you can say "man, this is so funny". So it's a bit disappointing to me. He was so close to perfecting it to be his best work yet.

One warning. If you're Arab or Jewish, you MUST have a sense of humor to watch it. It's all clean, but well... you know.

It's worth buying for the first part of the movie. It's only worth renting for the ending. Your call. :B

I have no regrets in buying it though. I really enjoyed the majority of it.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I am aware of some less than flattering comments on this movie. I'll rent it out of curiosity based on your comments.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• greenhorn
      • Feb 2007

I watched it last night, it was funny. Not the biggest fan of his, but I did like this one. Your correct, the last 20 minutes or so did slow it down, but overall it was a hoot. A few good cameos too. Odd to see Dave Matthews pop up in movies here and there. I really like the woman, the Mom, where he was living. The female lead was extremely attractive. Great fun movie with laughs in just about every scene.

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by greenhorn
        The female lead was extremely attractive.
        She was hot!
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

That would be Emmanuelle Chriqui. Yep. Yessir. Hot. ;x(

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"