X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H.T.C
    • Nov 2003

Blu-ray increase at netflix

Netflix has increased blu-ray prices by a $1.00 per month due to higher cost of producing those disc.
    Robert
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Here's hoping zip.ca doesn't do the same. Not that I'd drop them for 1$/month. If it becomes 1$/disc, then I may consider it.

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Ah, you beat me to the news. I think it's disappointing, but same thing--not going to ditch them over $1. Here's the E-mail I got today:

As you may know, Blu-ray movies are more expensive than standard definition movies. As a result, we're going to start charging $1 a month (plus applicable taxes), in addition to your monthly membership charge, for monthly access to Blu-ray movies.

The additional charge for monthly Blu-ray access will be automatically added to your next billing statement on or after November 5th, 2008 and will be referenced in your Membership Terms and Details. If you wish to continue getting Blu-ray movies for $1 a month more, you don't need to do anything. If not, you can remove Blu-ray access anytime by visiting Your Account at the Netflix website.

If you have questions about this change or need any assistance, please call us anytime at 1-888-638-3549.

-The Netflix Team
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• littlesaint
        • Jul 2007

$1 isn't bad at all, but it is odd that they charge you regardless of how many Blu-ray rentals you make. Once you set your account to give you the option of Blu-ray, they start charging you the $1 even if you don't make any Blu-ray rentals. I've also read, though not experienced this myself, that if the Blu-ray is unavailable they send you the DVD, and you still pay the extra $1 for that month.
        Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Huh... I've never been sent the SD-DVD version of a BD in my queue.

But, if I'm paying $1 extra now, you can bet that all the BD's in my queue are going to to the top of the list!
          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Blindamood
            • Sep 2003

Since most of the movies I get are blu-ray, I'm happy to be charged by the month, rather than by the disc...
            Brad

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Yeah. I guess the more you rent, the more the $1 cost is spread out.

Me, I'm on the "3 movies a month" plan, so this is going to be $0.33 per rental for me.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Blindamood
                • Sep 2003

Actually, it's not 3 per month, it's 3 at a time...so theoretically you can rent an unlimited number of discs per month (limited by viewing schedule and USPS delivery).
                Brad

Comment

• Chris D
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Dec 2000

Yeah, I have to be realistic about the amount of time I have each month to just sit and watch movie rentals in addition to TV and stuff. So I'm on the plan that I think is as basic as you can get: One movie at a time, three per month. I think I get charged $6.99/mo.
                  CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• impala454
                    Ultra Senior Member
                    • Oct 2007

Well, one less pack of gum per month for you netflix people :rofl:
                    -Chuck

Comment

• joetama
                      • May 2006

I just signed up for Netflix...

But to be honest, I'll just pay more attention when I am walking and find a $1 in change on the pavement to offset the costs...
                      -Joe

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"