• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

The Love Guru OMG !

Mike Myers what happened to ye ????

I won't even bother to go into the hackeneyed plot, other than suffice to say, Myers the hardcore Toronto Maple Leafs fan ( in real life ) has his team winning The Stanley Cup. Sure :roll: . Now I have always liked Mike's work and his three Austin Powers films were a blast. But in The Love Guru, the humor is so forced it isn't even remotely funny. And beautiful Jessica Alba seemed bored in her role as the owner of The Leafs and Myer's love interest. The only thing I did find funny was Justin Timberlake as the French goal tender for the L.A. Kings. He was a riot, but there wasn't enough of him.

Thank God I only rented this. And frankly, I'm not going to recommend a rental for anyone here. So if you do rent it, don't blame me. :P
    My Homepage!
  • Burke Strickland
    • Sep 2001

As promised in the "movie" thread, http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...ight=love+guru you have delivered a review of "Love Guru" on BluRay .

I am relieved to learn that you didn't like it. :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Russ L
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
      Mike Myers what happened to ye ????

I won't even bother to go into the hackeneyed plot, other than suffice to say, Myers the hardcore Toronto Maple Leafs fan ( in real life ) has his team winning The Stanley Cup. Sure :roll: . Now I have always liked Mike's work and his three Austin Powers films were a blast. But in The Love Guru, the humor is so forced it isn't even remotely funny.
      Its painful to see the truly funny become truly unfunny. :toilet: C'mon Mike, a movie about the Leafs can't be funny. Myers is too much of a fan to believe in the Curse of the Leafs. Final score: Leafs 0 - Mike Myers 0
      Russ

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
        As promised in the "movie" thread, http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...ight=love+guru you have delivered a review of "Love Guru" on BluRay .

I am relieved to learn that you didn't like it. :>)
        I'm just glad I didn't buy it like I said I was in that thread. Wheew !
        My Homepage!

Comment

• impala454
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Oct 2007

George, I owe you some thanks for all these reviews you're doing. Your tastes seem to be pretty in-line with mine and I think you're saving me from some crappy movies!

btw Iron Man blu-ray next week yay!!!
          -Chuck

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by impala454
            btw Iron Man blu-ray next week yay!!!
            Oh, yeah. It's on pre-order from Amazon.
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"