X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

What Happens In Vegas

Rented this on Blu yesterday. Nice picture quality. Cameron Diaz is easy on the eyes. Ashton Kutcher is, well okay, I guess. It's a tired old predictable plot. A few chuckles but not much substance overall. Basically Diaz and Kutcher, rebounding from personal failures, meet up in Vegas, get drunk and get married, etc., etc. Of course, neither wants to be married to the other and when Kutcher wins $3 million on Diaz's quarter, the trouble begins. So will they overcome the trials and tribulations of a court-ordered decision that the 3 Mil be held in escrow while Diaz and Kutcher make a genuine effort to see if the marriage can work out. Will they or won't they. Well, as I said, the plot is predictable.

A pleasant 90 or so minutes if you like romantic comedies, but it won't win any awards... :lol:
    My Homepage!
  • Paul H
    • Feb 2004

I saw it a couple of nights ago. It had a few good moments and chuckles here and there and was generally fun, but as you said no awards for this one.

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

(Unfortunately) sounds like something the wife would like, so I'll probably rent it (thankfully, she rarely watches any movie more than once, so I don't have to buy movies like this with any regularity).

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

George, so you're suggesting that this is not the "killer" disk that will persuade everyone on the fence to convert to BluRay? :>)

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
          George, so you're suggesting that this is not the "killer" disk that will persuade everyone on the fence to convert to BluRay? :>)
          You're a riot, Burke. :lol: No, that "killer" disk is still a way off, along with sensible pricing as well.

Ovation:
          My wife enjoyed this much more than I.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• DelRay
            • Jun 2004

Got a chance to watch this one tonite. Not too bad. Did anyone check out the system at his apartment? I've seen those speakers before but I can't remember the name.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by DelRay
              Did anyone check out the system at his apartment? I've seen those speakers before but I can't remember the name.
              I missed that. Can't check because I only rented the disc.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• Jack Van
                • Oct 2007

Meridian speakers. Very expensive.

This was predictable and maybe too clever by half. I did enjoy watching it, once.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Jack Van

This was predictable and maybe too clever by half. I did enjoy watching it, once.
                  Yeah, a one timer for sure.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"