X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

COLD CREEK MANOR

This is a suspense thriller directed by Mike Figgis ( Leaving Las Vegas) and stars Sharon Stone and Dennis Quaid as a NYC couple who want to escape the rigors of big city life. They decide to go rural and purchase a rundown old mansion called Cole Creek Manor. Now everything should be fine, right ? Wrong. Seems the old homestead harbors some deep dark grisly secrets. And when the nasty former owner ( Stephen Dorff) shows up, some very bad things begin to happen, leaving our NYC couple fighting for their lives.

This plot has been done before, but Figgis, Quaid, Stone and especially Dorff raise this a cut above the others. It's a little slow moving at times and quite predictable, but I still found it an enjoyable watch. For me though, it is a rental. I wouldn't find this as interesting the second time around. Oh, I neglected to mention Juilette Lewis plays Dorff's girlfriend, and though it is a small role, she really nails it.

:3:

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!
  • John Styrnol
    • Nov 2002

Saw it about a week ago, nice little film.

John

My Home Theater
    My Home Page
    John

My Home Theater
    My Home Page

Comment

• Trevor Schell
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Nice review George!:T

Myself and the wife enjoyed this one too! :yesnod:

Trevor
      My HomeTheater S.E.
      Sonically Enhanced
      C5
      Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"