X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Reservation Road

Based on the critically acclaimed novel of the same name by John Burnham Schwartz, a tale of anger, revenge, and great courage, the film follows two fathers as their families and lives converge.

On a warm September evening, college professor Ethan Learner (Joaquin Phoenix), his wife Grace (Jennifer Connelly), and their daughter Emma (Elle Fanning) are attending a recital. Their 10-year-old son Josh (Sean Curley) is playing cello – beautifully, as usual. His younger sister looks up to him, and his parents are proud of their son. On the way home, they all stop at a gas station on Reservation Road. There, in one terrible instant, he is taken from them forever.

On a warm September evening, law associate Dwight Arno (Mark Ruffalo) and his 11-year-old son Lucas (Eddie Alderson) are attending a baseball game. Their favorite team, the Red Sox, is playing – and, hopefully, heading for the World Series. Dwight cherishes his time spent with Lucas. Driving his son back to his ex-wife, Lucas’ mother Ruth Wheldon (Mira Sorvino), Dwight heads towards his fateful encounter at Reservation Road.

The accident happens so fast that Lucas is all but unaware, while Ethan – the only witness – is all too aware, as a panicked Dwight speeds away. The police are called, and an investigation begins. Haunted by the tragedy, both fathers react in unexpected ways, as do Grace and Emma. As a reckoning looms, the two fathers are forced to make the hardest choices of their lives.

It was an Interesting watch. :T
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Sounds like powerful stuff. I'll look for it next time I'm at Blockbuster.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

You make it sound good, man. I'll take a watch. Heck, I'll watch ANYTHING with Jennifer Connelly in it, too.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• littlesaint
        • Jul 2007

So was the marketing bad for this or is there a catch? I believe this was one of the worst performing films at the box office for 2007. Something like $100K total.

Sounds like good stuff though.
        Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Originally posted by littlesaint
          So was the marketing bad for this or is there a catch? I believe this was one of the worst performing films at the box office for 2007. Something like $100K total.
          Yeah, sometimes marketing blows it, or there's just not enough explosions...
          If I chose movies by going by boxoffice figures, I would have missed a lot of terrific films.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Reservation Road

For whatever reason, this film fared poorly at the boxoffice and critics were lukewarm in their assessment of the film. I found it to be an extraordinarily well acted and powerful drama about people and how mistakes can ruin their lives. I guess films about ordinary people in crisis just don't fly anymore. Too bad, because I'm sure there was a time when a film like this would have gotten Oscar attention.

You may want to rent it if you like character-driven films. I really liked it and give it a big :T
            Last edited by George Bellefontaine; 05 August 2008, 11:03 Tuesday.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Thanks George, I always appreciate the suggestions and will add it to the Netflix queue. And heck, I'll watch ANYTHING with Jennifer Connelly.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

The two Reservation Road threads have been merged into one.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"