X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

National Treasure 2

In this follow up to the box-office hit National Treasure, treasure hunter Ben Gates (Nicolas Cage) once again sets out on an exhilarating, action-packed new global quest to unearth hidden history and treasures.

When a missing page from the diary of John Wilkes Booth surfaces, Ben's great-great grandfather is suddenly implicated as a key conspirator in Abraham Lincoln's death.

Determined to prove his ancestor's innocence, Ben follows an international chain of clues that takes him on a chase from Paris to London and ultimately back to America. This journey leads Ben and his crew not only to surprising revelations, but to the trail of the world's most treasured secrets.

Nothing unusual than the clues and unraveling them. Not as good as the first one, IMO.

I would give it an Average rating.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I actually liked both of the movies while others don't like them at all. I don't know I'm pretty open to movies I suppose and I don't critique them quite as strongly as others do.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Just okay for me. I had a hard time staying awake for both films, but it helped that #2 was available for rental on Blu-ray.

What's with the Nick Cage haircut ? Is he wearing a wig ?
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Didn't really like the first one. If #2 comes on while I'm surfing channels in a hotel or something, I'll watch it.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• John Holmes
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
          Just okay for me. I had a hard time staying awake for both films, but it helped that #2 was available for rental on Blu-ray.

What's with the Nick Cage haircut ? Is he wearing a wig ?
          I believe he is. Just my opinion though.
          "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• wettou
            Ultra Senior Member
            • May 2006

Originally posted by John Holmes
            Not worth the time the all divorce BS was unnecessary but whatever the first one was much better
            Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by John Holmes
              I believe you are correct, John. I was watching THE ROCK last night and noted that although his sideburns were longer, his hair on top was much thinner than what appeared in NT2. Heh, heh, he always did have a high forehead and now it's even higher without the wig.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
                I believe you are correct, John. I was watching THE ROCK last night and noted that although his sideburns were longer, his hair on top was much thinner than what appeared in NT2. Heh, heh, he always did have a high forehead and now it's even higher without the wig.
                Hehe, yes sir! I noticed it was different yet again in 'Ghost Rider' and 'Next'. But in all fairness John Travolta started it! :rofl:

I haven't seen NT2 yet. I liked the first one more than I thought I would. So, I'll eventually get around to this one.
                "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• impala454
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • Oct 2007

not a huge nick cage fan but thought this one was decent. if it wasn't on blu-ray i might not have even bothered

not that i expected it to be completely realistic, but a lot of what happened in the movie was extremely far fetched. kidnapping the president? I mean, come on. and like he's just going to walk up to the party the president is at and "oh haha did you see this chick?" and walk right past the guard. not to mention the sneaking around buckingham palace and the oval office!?!?

1-10 in the "typical action flick" category:
                  National Treasure 1: 6
                  National Treasure 2: 4

worth seeing once if you're bored. hopefully the 3rd one will be the traditional "good" one of the three.
                  -Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Isn't that kind of the point of movies to be a bit unrealistic

Comment

• greenhorn
                      • Feb 2007

I Like It Alot

I just watched it and enjoyed it quite a bit, I like a good popcorn movie. They are one of my favorite type's. Not to dramatic, not to scary, don't have to think too hard. Believable, no but not supposed to be. Who buys into some of the big chase sceens or fights in dramas though, not me.

I do like the historical references, makes it fun. The patriotism is a nice subtle element.

The mini "divorce" drama could have been a pain, but they kept it short and it tied in with the wifes date here and there.

I liked the humor.

The special effects were only ok I thought.

I like the creativity of the desks. That kind of stuff is fun.

Picture on the queens desk :T , was very special. Anyone recalls what it was? Has special meaning to me and a certain segment of people, you know who you are if you know what I mean, no escaping it. :rofl:

Overall I enjoyed it pretty much, more that the first one. I could watch it once a year.

Comment

• Ovation
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Sep 2004

I watched this today on BD with my daughter. I mildly enjoyed the first one so I decided to rent this. Nothing original or outstanding, but I did appreciate that I could watch it with my daughter and not worry about excessive violence or "scary bits" and, as an historian, I enjoyed answering my daughter's questions (she liked it more than I expected, as it happens). As has happened with a few other films that, were I single, I would likely be more dismissive towards, I found my enjoyment of the film enhanced by my daughter's enjoyment. She's not seen the first one, so I may just add the "two-pack" BD set to the collection (my son will likely enjoy these as well in a few years).

On a technical note, I have to say I LOVE my PS3's speed--a disclaimer came on saying I might have to wait 2-3 MINUTES (depending on my player) before getting any images--I counted about 20 seconds before the previews were up and running.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"