X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Hitman

Just watched this on DVD. A buddy brought this over from Blockbuster. I was checking it out the other day at Best Buy and was tempted to buy it on BR but set it down as I havent heard anything about it (usually a bad thing)

Well it wasnt a bad movie, but it wasnt a great movie. Based on the video game I didnt expect a whole lot. The main character was pretty dull and to the point about everything (just like the game) so it didnt make for an exciting role. The action was decent, story wasnt horrible, overall an Equilibrium type movie.

I say 3/5 stars. You may want to rent it.
    B&W
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I rented this on Blu. As you said, it was just okay. Lots of action for the popcorn set.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

RCD,

I agree with you, it's just worth a rental.
      June
      "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• NMG
        • Oct 2004

Agreed, average at best. It killed a couple of hours and it won't really be memorable.

As an aside, I thought there was way too much bass in the mix. Most of the time it didn't seem to coordinate with what was hapenning in the movie. I found it rather annoying after a while. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Watched it tonight, thought it was fairly decent! Could have been better, though. There were about 3 scenes where I could definitely tell there was voice dubbing going on--lips didn't match up. That really dropped the quality.

But a decent shoot-em-up flick! :35: out of :5:

Now I'm looking forward to Mark Wahlberg and "Max Payne" coming out as the next video game movie. I'm not big on video games, but I did play that one on my computer, and really, really enjoyed it. There's a very dark story to the game that I think will make for a good movie.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Originally posted by Chris D

Now I'm looking forward to Mark Wahlberg and "Max Payne" coming out as the next video game movie.
            Yeah, I saw some scenes from it and it looked pretty decent. It seems like Wahlberg is trying to latch onto a character role he can reprise. I haven't heard about any sequels to the Bob Lee Swagger character he played in Shooter, based on one of the Stephen Hunter novels. I would like to have seen a sequel there.
            Last edited by Chris D; 17 October 2008, 00:45 Friday.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• joetama
              • May 2006

I liked it. I agree at points it was a bit flaky, but I loved the video games so I had a connection to it.

The movie that I am really waiting for is Max Payne.
              -Joe

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"