X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Rendition

After a terrorist bombing kills an American envoy in a foreign country. An investigation leads to an Egyptian who has been living in the United States for years and who is married to an American. He is apprehended when he's on his way home.

The U.S. sends him to the country where the incident occurs for interrogation which includes torture. An American CIA operative observes the interrogation and is at odds whether to keep it going or to stop it. In the meantime, the man's wife raises hell to find him despite being pregnant but the person behind this refuses to help or give her any information.

Seems like the plot pulled out from Haneef's detention and trial in Australia, although on a more aggressive storyline.

The story is interesting and keeps you glued. :T
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I hope to rent this soon.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Wow. How do you manage to keep up with all the new releases? (rhetorical question--I once was able to do so as well--in fact, I used to go to an average of 5 movies a week for a period of nearly ten years. Often I'd catch two movies on opening day).

Have to add this to my "ziplist".

Comment

• saurabh
        • Feb 2005

Simple I maintain a list of new DVD releases and then shortlist the ones I want to watch, rent them out one-by-one.

Originally posted by Ovation
        Wow. How do you manage to keep up with all the new releases? (rhetorical question--I once was able to do so as well--in fact, I used to go to an average of 5 movies a week for a period of nearly ten years. Often I'd catch two movies on opening day).

Have to add this to my "ziplist".

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

I envy you your free time to do so. A few more years, when my kids are older and more self-sufficient, perhaps I can get a few more movies per month squeezed in.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I just have this problem where my son keeps pulling out movies and sliding them all over the ground. Last time it was Chicken Little Blu-Ray I was quite upset.

Comment

• saurabh
              • Feb 2005

You dont have to, I dont have free time and am never able to watch a movie in a single stretch mostly, because of the same reasons as yours

I envy you your free time to do so. A few more years, when my kids are older and more self-sufficient, perhaps I can get a few more movies per month squeezed in.

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Ah, then that would explain at least part of my difficulty. If I can't watch a movie in its entirety, I wait. My wife thinks it a strange quirk but there it is. I already consider it a major compromise if I have to pause the film any more than ten minutes (and that had better be for a serious reason) to cope with the foibles of family life; watching one film over more than a day is just not on the programme.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

If I can't watch a movie in its entirety, I wait.
                  Same here. And there are no telephones in my home theater.
                  My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"