X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

The Darjeeling Limited

Sorry this was just not my kind of movie. I think I am going through a bad phase of watching bad movies nowadays.

I do not know what was the point of this movie, what was the storyline and what was the director/producer/writer (same guy) trying to do in making this movie.

It has got directorial flaws, Set flaws and projection flaws.

India doesnt look the same as reflected.

Darjeeling and the location if this movie (desert) are mile away. Nothing seems to fit in and its difficult to digest. :Z
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • littlesaint
    • Jul 2007

I loved this movie, but I think you need to be a fan of Wes Anderson's (Rushmore, The Life Aquatic, The Royal Tenenbaums) style to appreciate this film.

I found the design, direction, and cinematography to be top-notch, but again within the style of Wes Anderson.
    Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

Wes Anderson is definitely a "love or hate" director. Very few people are indifferent to his films.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Hated Tenenbaums, loved Life Aquatic. Don't know if I'm gonna like this or not but will give it a whirl.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Alloroc
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

Watched this Saturday. I really love Andersons's work and this was no exception. With this movie, you are getting the typical Anderson experience - his usual cast with a couple of new faces; quirky yet pefectly appropriate music and eccentric production design, fashion and cinematography.

But under the whimsy and eccentricity lies once again the dysfunctional family along with their own internal squabblings are challenged by a life transforming road/rail trip. Along the way they meet people they would not notmally meet, experience situations that pull them together as brothers and ultimatly 'find themselves' and find that they finally fit as brothers. All while getting high on an opiate derived cough medicine! It doesn't feel like a stoner movie though.

Andersons presentation of rural India will surprise as well as please - it only makes me want to go there even moreso.

Finally, I felt Adrien Brody's addition to the cast was extremly clever. He was able to bring a level of genuine disfunction to his character that only an actor of his quality can bring.

The short Hotel Chevalier was a real treat too. Watch it before the main event.
          Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"