X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Shattered aka "Butterfly on a Wheel"

This is another one of those unheard and unknown of Pierce Brosnan's movie but is an underdog.

Neil and Abby Warner have the perfect life and a perfect marriage. With their beautiful young daughter, Sophie, they are living the American dream.

When Sophie is suddenly kidnapped, they have no choice but to comply with the abductors demands. The kidnapper, Ryan, a cold and calculating sociopath, takes over their lives with the brutal efficiency of someone who has nothing to lose.

In the blink of an eye Neil and Abby's safe and secure existence is turned upside down. Over the next twenty-four hours they are at the mercy of a man who wants only one thing, that they do his bidding. It soon becomes clear that Ryan's demands are all the more terrifying... because he doesn't want their money.

Its a fast paced Drama/Thriller and the plot unfolds only in the last few minutes and when it does the whole thing looks very simple. But till you reach the end, you are glued to the screen. :T

IMDB link is here
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I liked this one, too, though there was a point about 3/4s through where I thought I had the ending figured out and I wasn't too far off.

I like it that Brosnan tackles these offbeat roles. He's not afraid to stick his neck out.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Wow...didn't really see the ending coming It's one of those thinking movies. The entire time your like "whats going on whats happening" and then at the end you think you have it figured out and then its completely swapped.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"