X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

A Scanner Darkly

Got this from Netflix and watched it last night. I just remember a little bit of a buzz about the movie when it first came out, so I thought I'd take a look, even thought it wasn't rated all that great.

Eh... while I appreciate the stylized manner in which it was made, (animated cartoon drawings laid over live action film, so the whole movie is drawings, not the actual film) the movie itself to me just wasn't all that interesting. There were some interesting aspects to it, but it could have been very much refined, compressed, and supplimented to create a much more dramatic story.

Overall, I didn't like it all that much. Maybe 2 stars.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I pretty much agree, Chris. Glad I didn't buy it.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• John Holmes
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I had the same feelings about it also. Wow, something we all can agree on! :E
      "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Jack Gilvey
        • Aug 2001

Bought this a very long time ago on HD DVD and finally got around to watching it recently while the baby slept. Kinda neat, I guess. Took me a while to realize there was an actual story unfolding amidst all the style.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"