X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

WAITRESS much better than expected

I rented this more for wifey than myself but watched it along with her and was surprised by what I saw. It is labelled a comedy, but I'd say more of a light drama with some smiles and some dark stuff to boot. Keri Russell stars as a waitress who creates tasty pies that are relative to things affecting her current emotions. Right now she is very unhappy, pregnant for the first time, and feeling forever trapped in an unhappy marriage to an egotistic, self absorbed and very nasty husband nemed Earl, played marvelously by Jeremy Sisto. So she bakes pies with a variety of fillings called " I hate my husband pie ", and " I don't want to have Earl's baby " pie. And though a little indiscretion with her married doctor ( Nathan Fillion ) brings a smile to her face, it is but a brief escape from her unhappiness. But the one thing that is making her current unhappiness even worse( the unborn child she carries ) is the irony embedded is this neat little tale. Andy Griffith plays the elderly owner of the diner where Russel works and he and she become friends. Along with the newborn child, Griffith plays a large role in Russel's future happiness, too.

This was a nice little film with a feel good ending, topped with some good performances by all, and most of all by Andy Griffith. And watching Keri make those delicious pies sure made me hungry.

:T
    My Homepage!
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Thanks George,

My wife & I enjoyed this dvd. Something different from the action & horror films I tend to keep renting.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"

Comment

• saurabh
      • Feb 2005

This movie is plain simple, no surprises....nothing but its got something extraordinary in it which cant be put into words here. It makes you feel happy after you've watched it.

Must to watch, if you want to feel happy and relaxed. :T
      Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"