Black Snake Moan is not a sexploitation film..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Black Snake Moan is not a sexploitation film..

It seems to have been marketed that way, and yes, throughout most of the film a black man has a white girl on a chain and there are some strong sexual scenes. But those , who can overlook the marketing hype and watch the film for what it is ( a black man in mid-life crisis finds consolation by providing direction to a messed up young white girl ), will truly be amazed by the performances of Samuel L Jackson ( his best IMHO ) Christina Ricci and, surprisingly, Justin Timberlake. And most of all, you will love the music: down home southern blues at its best.

Forget the hype, but put the kids to bed before you watch it.

A big :T from me.
    My Homepage!
  • DSGCobra
    • Feb 2003

I agree fully great flick. The HD-DVD looked fantastic as well.

Comment

• Danbry39
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Sep 2002

That's one I intend to rent today or tomorrow, George. Been wanting to see it since it was at the theaters.
      Keith

Comment

• Danbry39
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Sep 2002

Saw it today, George, and, like DSGCobra, thought it was a very fine film. How much weight has Ricci lost? In any regard, both she and Samuel had absolutely great acting moments. The thing I appreciated most was that the picture ended up with things unresolved. I kept being afraid that they'd end it with a shooting or something and that wouldn't have fit...at least for me.
        Keith

Comment

• Pez
          • May 2004

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
          ...will truly be amazed by the performances of... and, surprisingly, Justin Timberlake.
          As much as I hate boy bands I will say Timberlake is a talented individual. His stints on Saturday Night Live have been some of the best by a host in recent memory. I did not know he was in the movie and look even more forward to it.

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Step 1... you put your @#$% in the box!
            CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
            - Pleasantville

Comment

• Pez
              • May 2004

Originally posted by Chris D
              Step 1... you put your @#$% in the box!
              :rofl:

I was going to put that in my post but didnt know if anyone would get it. Just thinking about the bit gets me busted up. That is some funny stuff!

Comment

• H.Donald
                • Aug 2004

Very good movie...

Great soundtrack...even more impressed with Samuel L...since he really sang several of the tunes.

Comment

• Bmac
                  • Aug 2006

Total suprise...

Alot of fun....this movie came out of left field. I think the trailer failed. I'm not sure how it did at the box office, but I remember not knowing what too think. I really was gald I took the time to watch it.
                  Epson Home Cinema 1080p, Panasonic TH42PX600U, Onkyo PR-SC 886, Earthquake Cinenova 7, Sony 400 Disk dvd, Paradigm studio 20' v.4s, Outlaw LFM-1 & LFM-2,Tripp lite line cond, Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD, Playstation 3, Roku, & WD TV, APC AV H15

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"