X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Freedom Writers

Hello All,

My wife & I really enjoyed this film. Hopefully I can stay in the club after the next statement.

A few tears flowed a couple times. Okay, I cried.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

June, it's okay. Here's a tissue. Now go watch a couple of "Ahnold's" Conan movies to get back in the good graces of the manly men's club.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

This kind of thing always makes me remember "Sleepless in Seattle", that classic scene where the people are sitting around talking about old movies. Rita Wilson starts talking about "An Affair To Remember", bursting out in tears describing the romantic finale. The guys look at each other and roll their eyes. Then Tom Hanks and Rob Reiner start talking about "The Dirty Dozen", breaking down in tears when the guys blow up the tank. Rita just looks at them like they're idiots.

What a great movie... classic scene about men and women.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Burke Strickland
        • Sep 2001

Here's a tissue. Now go watch a couple of "Ahnold's" Conan movies to get back in the good graces of the manly men's club.
        Keep the hankies close by The acting in those movies makes a lot of people cry... :>)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• WillyD
          • Feb 2006

Ok...so I gotta post my thoughts about this movie.

My mother is a teacher and just recently went to a function for teachers where the real Ms. G spoke about her experiences. Everyone watched the movie and she spoke to the teachers afterwards.

My mom said she just loved the movie so she put it on the Netflix queue. I'll admit, when I first heard about this movie around the time it hit the theaters, I figured it was another cliche "new teacher helps low acheiving students who live in the ghetto accomplish things no one thought they were capable of". You know, that 80s movie with Edward James Olmos teaching Calculus to those kids in SoCal. :rofl:

But honestly...this movie really is good. Yes, I too cried, and I rarely cry. Swank appears to a fine job, as well as the kids. Both their acting and stories feel very real...probably because they are.

:45: out of :5:

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"