X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

Payback

I picked up the BD version of Payback this weekend. It was on my short list. I loved the original, had to have high def. Mel is so tough and raw, he played this part to a tee. I loved it. Certainly, he's a good tough guy anyway, but to me, Payback was one of his toughest roles ever.

Quality wise, not sure they win any oscars for the transfer.

For one thing, there are a few surprises for folks that have seen the previous release! I can say no more! I'll just say, unless I pressed a wrong button on startup, I got an ending with a twist-

Doug
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

There was a review of the BR version in one of the local papers that mentioned something about a director's cut, but I only heard about it second-hand. Sounds like you found it Lex ol' man.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• autio
      • Mar 2005

Porter --- I thought he was dead!?

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I just saw an ad for the DVD on television. It said there was an "alternate ending" or something like that.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

I only have the original ending on the first dvd release and since it was the same as the theatrical ending, I'll stick with it and not buy the recent director's cut.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• DSGCobra
            • Feb 2003

watched the HD version the other night. transfer is really really good. Anyway this is almost an entirely different movie than the original. It is worth the watch. I thought it was better than the theatrical version.

Comment

• P-Dub
              Office Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Really? Is this version only on HD/BR? I'd be interested in seeing an alternate cut. I breifly saw the ad and thought it was just an alternate ending.
              Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

• DSGCobra
                • Feb 2003

I think it came out on regular DVD too. it's more than just a different ending, its actually 15 minutes shorter than the original too. The commentary is very good at explaining what was different and why. Not looking to give anything away but Kris Kristofferson is not in the movie.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"