X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

The Protector :Tony Jaa

Anyone see this movie yet? Its a Quintin Tarantino movie featuring Tony Jaa.

I like Ong Bak, and assuming I would like this.

Any reviews before I take the plunge and pick it up afterwork?

B&W
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I have not seen the new film but, a very close friend of mine has. He and I both own Ong-Bak (cool movie). He said that the Protector is even better! With much better fight scenes and stunts (if you can believe that)!!!

I'm going to pick it up as well.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I finished it tonight. Overall I liked Ong Bak better.
      This story was kinda hokey IMO, some cool fight scenes, but the bicycle/roller blade gang was laughable IMO.

It was a "grainy" movie, with "early 90s" special effects IMO.

There was a cool fight scene that lasted several minutes and it was uncut through the whole scene, the concept and cameral angles were cool, but you could tell, they were acting

Thai/English in D.D. and DTS, or English dubbed in D.D.

Anyone interested I suggest a rent before purchase.
      B&W

Comment

• John Holmes
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Interesting. My friend has called me twice this week (he lives in Washington State) asking if I've watched it yet. He saw it at the theater and was very pleased with it. So much so that, he's puchased the DVD.

I have yet to pick it up. Now that you've seen it, and was barely moved, I'll just rent it and see first. But I do like to collect films and this is the next in his (Tony Jaa) series. If I am not impressed, I'll just wait till it's reduced in price and buy it.
        "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• Hakka69
          • Dec 2006

This is the best action movie I have seen in years. Loved it.

Harry.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"