X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theMaximus
    • Jul 2004

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

I had hard time following the story since I've never played the video game, but I was just amazed at how real this animation looked on my TV. Excellent PQ & SQ and even had a very good OST. Even though I didn't really get the story, it was worth the time invested in watching it just to marvel at the graphics.
    Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I saw the first one and was also amazed at the animation style. But I'm really not interested in watching the sequel.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Brandon B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jun 2001

It is even a sequel? I don't think there is any tie-in whatsoever to the previous story arc or characters.

BB

Comment

• Race Car Driver
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

Ahh, I saw the first one (played the games) thought it was a litle odd, but cool.
        I thought I saw prievews for another one (and didnt know if it was another movie or vid game or what)
        Now I know its on DVD, i may pick it up and check it out.
        B&W

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Advent Children has nothing to do with The Spirits Within. Advent Children is a sequel to the story of the actual FF7 game that came out for the Playstation. Yes, it is a game, and yes, it did actually have quite a good story. The animation was pretty amazing, but the surround processing is plain out awesome. I find that cgi movies seem to generally have a better surround feel to it. Interesting. I really enjoyed the movie, but the english voices are just so poor. I only watched it once in english. The original Japanese voices do a lot better acting. I don't care for animes, but I would recommend this movie, even for only the SQ and PQ.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Race Car Driver
            Super Senior Member
            • Mar 2005

Cool, I will pick it up tomorrow if BBY has it instock.
            B&W

Comment

• Race Car Driver
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2005

I picked it up and watched it last night.
              Great movie! The story was quite good, the PQ and SQ was amazing and the surroud proccessing was terrific!
              Deff one to enjoy with a HT setup!
              B&W

Comment

• audioqueso
                Super Senior Member
                • Nov 2004

Told you so. :T
                B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Vinny
                  • Mar 2006

Watched it back when the Japanese version just released(kind of die hard Square soft fan here) even don't know much about reading Japanese. Found the subtitle online to sub into the dvd(locked down to watch only in the computer, but still) and watched couple of times in a week. Not impressed with the storyboard but definitely bring back good memories. Even made me taking the old game out and spent a week to finish it again after watching the movie.
                  It might be easier to work on surround sound on animation as you have an idea where should it come from. But the PQ that Square soft can offer on an aimation is amazing.

BTW the movie is set after 3years of the game was over, kind of a sequel but I guess it was possible to enjoy the movie without knowing the background :B
                  Pioneer KRP-500M
                  Emotiva UMC-1
                  Parasound 5125
                  Oppo BDP-83
                  Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
                  SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"