X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Munich

Saw it and would recommend it.

Its a powerful drama, very few action scenes (although the SQ was good for them), and the movie is a bit long (164 min).

Although the movie is based on true events but I think the movie portrays that above this revenge and country stuff, we are all humans and depicts strong human emotions under those conditions.

Details here
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Indeed a very engrossing and powerful film. A bit long for my taste however, 2:45, but worth the time invested.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Just finished it at 3 AM. Overall, I liked it. Interesting, but not fascinating movie. I chose to watch the Spielberg introduction right before the movie, where he counters some of the claims about it. I did find it interesting, the things he said.

What I liked about this movie is that it shows something that IMHO is very true and poignant--terrorism is here, it's a stark reality, and it's something we must deal with. Like it or not, we must deal with it, and ask the tough questions of, "What causes terrorism?" "What IS terrorism--how do you define it?" "Can anybody be blamed for the massacre of innocents, other than the terrorists who do so?" "What is the proper response to terrorism?" "What actions are right, or justified, or even allowable in response to terrorism?" "What are the CONSEQUENCES of out response to terrorism, and should they change if and how we react?" And so on. It's a topic we must revisit over, and over, to deal with, counter, and end terrorism. It happens today. It happened in 2001. It happened in Munich in 1972. I happened in 1800, 1600, 500, and so on, all the way back, to one form or another. Jacob and Esau.

Note that this is NOT a topic that we should get into here, amongst us friends, as it is too volatile for this forum. But definitely one to discuss in your lives, with your friends, family, and associates.

I personally felt that this movie really did NOT push a particular agenda. Spielberg dramatized the known events, but I felt that he did it in a way that explored each side to at least some point, and lent credit to everyone to one degree or another. I wasn't overwhelmed by this movie, but it wasn't boring, and wasn't just stupid entertainment.

I'm waivering between 3.5 and 4 stars, so I'll give it :4: out of :5:
      Last edited by Chris D; 27 May 2006, 23:10 Saturday.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"