• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

JarHead

Rented it.

I dunno. Not really all that impressed. Seemed like a Hollywood war film and something my military friends/relatives would smirk and chuckle at with alot of the material due to it's plasticity.

:25: out of :5:
    ~Nick
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

For some reason I always enjoy war movies...even the bad ones.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

I'll rent it but no way with the poor reviews will I be buying this one.

Nicholas,
      They probably also chuckled at the show that was on FX. That show was a joke.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

I'll wait until a guy on my crew brings it on one of our trips, and I'll borrow it. That's one good thing about flying with a crew of 5 people... guys bring movies to watch, and you can see some movies you wouldn't normally see by borrowing somebody else's.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

Has this been out that long? I picked up the HD DVD at a fire sale price almost a year ago (think I paid 3$ for it--less than the price of a rental) and I finally got around to watching it tonight (I have a large pile of bargain priced SD DVDs and HD DVDs that I dip into when the mood strikes me). Wasn't bad, wasn't great. Didn't know it was based on a memoir--that always piques my interest given my research field (historical feature films, though, to me, the First Gulf War isn't old enough to be actual history--as my favourite professor used to say, "If it isn't 50 or more years old, it's current events").

If I hadn't gotten it for so cheap, I would not have bought it. However, again for my research interests, the extras are of some interest. 3/5 stars (for a few moments of laughter--otherwise, maybe 2 1/2 out of 5). It looks good in hi-def, though, so it's got that going for it.

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

I liked this movie but yes it's been out quite some time.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Yeah, I have it on dvd. Played it a couple of times. Not my favorite war movie, but I'll revisit it again sometime.
              My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"