• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

2 for the money

Key players:

Renee Russo, Matthew McConagahey(sp), and Al Pacino.

Matthew plays a former college qb who hurt his leg and can't play in the pros let alone the arena league. He decides to start working a 900 line to pay the bills. After a lucky break, he starts picking pro football games and giving tips only to be noticed by Al Pacino who runs a sports betting advise group. He makes him change his identity and all of a sudden he's a superstar in the betting world.

About 1/2 way thru the movie starts it's downhill slide and finally bottoms out in a predicable ending.

Worth a rent and not much else.

I give it a solid 2 out of 5.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

You just saved me some money, Shane. I was thinking about buying this when it became a previously viewed disc at Blockbuster, but now I will just rent it instead.

What's wrong with those Hollywood scripters today ? They start out well in the first act and fall apart in the final.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"