• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Some interesting Blu-ray releases coming up

... for January.

First big interest for me is RIGHTEOUS KILL , starring Deniro and Pacino. I understand the script is just so-so, but we may never see these two great actors in another film together, so for me it is a must own.

Next up is BANKGOK DANGEROUS starring Nick Cage. I will rent this first then decide whether I want to own it.

BABYLON AD starring Vin Diesel. Another one I will rent first.

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy... a WESTERN:
    APPALOOSA starring Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen. A definite BUY !

LAKEVIEW TERRACE starring Samuel L Jackson looked interesting but old, plotwise. I'll rent.

MAX PAYNE starring Mark Wahlberg. Another rent before buying.

THE EXPRESS a football movie ( I love 'em ) so it will likely end up in my collection.
    PRIDE AND GLORY another cop film starring Edward Norton and Colin Farrell that I feel cerian will end up in my collection.

THE BOURNE TRILOGY also comes out January 27 but I am happy with the PQ of my DVDs so I will put the money to new releases I want to own.
    My Homepage!
  • impala454
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2007

I think I'll definitely be giving Appaloosa a look see. These "newer" old westerns have looked great (loved 3:10 to Yuma).

Can't wait for Bourne Trilogy on Blu-ray either, as I just sold my HD-DVD Bourne trilogy!

Will probably wait for the great George's reviews on the others
    -Chuck

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Originally posted by impala454

Will probably wait for the great George's reviews on the others

I bet a lot of folk will be getting The Bourne set. I may get them myself eventually. Right now I'd rather put my money on new releases.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Ovation
        Super Senior Member
        • Sep 2004

Appaloosa is the "must have" on that list for me. The rest are rental material (again, for me). As for Bourne, I already have the HD DVDs and I see no need to replace them.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Righteous Kill was actually quite good. I enjoyed it very much Kind of has you thinking through the whole movie trying to figure things out.

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

George, we can only hope Appaloosa will be as good as Open Range, but I couldn't wait. I pre-ordered the Blu-ray from DVD Planet for $25.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by David Meek
              George, we can only hope Appaloosa will be as good as Open Range, but I couldn't wait. I pre-ordered the Blu-ray from DVD Planet for $25.
              I also have my copy on pre-order, Tex. I really won't be too disappointed if it isn't as good as Open Range ,but it's a Western and it has Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen so I feel pretty good about it. Actually I am biting at the bit waiting to see it.
              My Homepage!

Comment

• impala454
                Ultra Senior Member
                • Oct 2007

Got the Bourne set today. Have not watched them yet, but can say I really like the case. I have been pretty disappointed with various movie/game packaging lately, cheap crappy plastic cases that was thin and wouldn't even keep their square shape. This box is a heavy duty cardboard, holds the three bourne movies all in standard blu-ray cases with a section of the case cut out to easily pull them out. Coolest part is the front flap is magnetic to keep the case shut. Anyhow pretty dorky of me I'm sure, but nice to see some companies still care about their product quality. I'll probably get to watching them quick.
                -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"