X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marzen
    • Jul 2005

Chopper

After recently reading the reviews of The Island & subsequently viewing it. The comments posted here about the white levels during the beginning brought this movie to mind. The intro in this one was almost painful with the lighting technique used in the prison cells. I saw this at a theater in Sydney during the Olympics & enjoyed it tremendously. I don't know if it's so much a film adaptation of Mark Brandon 'Chopper' Read's autobiography, or more of a black comedy. But Australia's most notorious hit man make's for a good flick. If you enjoyed Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels & The Boondock Saints, it's in that vein of violence/humor. I wanted to view this on my pj, but unfortunately none of the area video rentals have it. I guess I'll have to buy it as I'm a sucker for indies like this, & House of Cards, & The Beast (the Afganistan/Russian tank movie)
    Plot Summary:
    Chopper tells the intense story of Mark "Chopper" Read, a legendary criminal who wrote his autobiography while serving a murder sentence in prison. His book, From the Inside, upon which the film is based, was a best-seller.
    Tag Line: Never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn. :W
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Haven't seen this one around my neck of the woods. Sounds interesting, though.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Jurgen
      • Jul 2003

I have seen it. Great movie and, also very interesting, Eric Bana plays the lead character. This was before he broke through in Hollywood and I think it is one of his best roles (at least one of his most unconventional ones). A must-see!

Comment

• bleeding ears
        • Nov 2004

This is not a bad movie at all, not full of action and explosions etc but keeps you interested nonetheless.

How accurate this movie is about what Chopper read got up to in and out of jail is pretty much unknown as he says never let the truth get in the way of a good storey.

The guy was (and maybe still is) a lunatic.

He and a few other hard men such as Jacko Jackson and infamous Ex Police officer Rodger Rodgerson (recently serving time in Australia ) have ben doing gigs at clubs which would be interesting.

I think this movie may have been the reason that it is now illegal in Oz to make money from your selling your stories etc about your criminal activity.

Pete

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"