X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chelseaforever
    • Mar 2005

Toy Story confusion

Perhaps I have had too much wine over the Xmas holidays because I cannot find the DTS track on the Toy Story 10th anniversary edition DVD (region 2). It states on both boxes (Toy Story 1 and 2) that a DTS track is available but I cannot find it. Can anyone please advise? Many thanks in anticipation of your help.
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

I looked on dvd basen to see reviews and it doesn't appear than any of the Region 2 releases of the Anniversary edition had DTS. The Region 1 discs have it.

Comment

• Jurgen
      • Jul 2003

it doesn't appear than any of the Region 2 releases of the Anniversary edition had DTS. The Region 1 discs have it.
      Say what??? I thought I already had the region 1 über edition, but now it seems there is a re-release with DTS? Must resist....... :banghead:

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

I thought I already had the region 1 über edition, but now it seems there is a re-release with DTS?
        The Ultimate Toy Box which I had was the uber release but it didn't have DTS.

They rereleased them in DTS along with improved PQ for an anniversary edition. They in essense Superbitted them.

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Well, following Disney's business model, you won't see Toy Story again for 10 years after this, unless they break that mold due to HD, and re-release it in HD later this year, or next? Good question, but not easy to find an answer to.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• RACER4551
            • Apr 2004

Does the anniversary edition have both the toy story one and two together?

Comment

• audioqueso
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

I bought the Toy Story 1 & 2 (Region 2) from Japan and it has DTS, but only in Japanese. I purchased Monster Inc from Japan as well, and noticed that DTS was only available with Japanese dub.
              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Kevin P
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by RACER4551
                Does the anniversary edition have both the toy story one and two together?
                No, they're separate.

Comment

• BlazeMaster
                  • May 2004

is part II just released again as well? I just bought part I, but thought I saw some store advertising part II.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2001

Part II came out at the end of December(last week I think).

I saw it at BB just last week.

Comment

• RACER4551
                      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the info ,looks like i will need to purchase both of them.Heard that the new releases have a pretty good upgrade as far as sound is concerned.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"