• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Cinderella Man

Bought It.

After seeing it in theaters, I bought it today. Read my review below from when I saw it in theaters, but I still uphold my rating of :45: out of :5:.

Excellent flick.
    A very moving drama capturing emotion, action, humor, and a fantastic story. All of the actors were perfectly casted, the script/storyline was great, music was excellent for the material, and I was completely sucked in from beginning to end. This is going to be up there for best film at the Academy Awards. Every aspect was spot on, and I'd say this has made my top 10 favorite films. I can't recommend it enough.
    ~Nick
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yup, I'll probably rent this one first, and then decide if I want to buy it.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• saurabh
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
      Yup, I'll probably rent this one first, and then decide if I want to buy it.
      Well worth to be kept in the collection, it gets very touching when he goes to the club to ask for the money so that he could pay for the electricity and heating and bring his children back :roll:

I am sure it will win some awards.
      Last edited by Chris D; 21 July 2015, 22:49 Tuesday.
      Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

I opted to buy with a couple of great stars like it has. I have not viewed as yet.

Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Nick M
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

I couldn't tell by your post saurabh... did you like it or hate it? :scratchhead:
          ~Nick

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Probably just a rental for me.
            My Homepage!

Comment

• saurabh
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nicholas Mosher
              I couldn't tell by your post saurabh... did you like it or hate it? :scratchhead:
              I liked it, ofcourse!!! :T
              Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• Danbry39
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Sep 2002

I watched it last night and loved the film, much more than just a boxing film. If you watch the extras, and some are very good, the movie was sort of a labor of love by many involved. I think I read that the company that released the film instituted a money-back policy for those who saw it at the theaters and didn't like it. A critics favorite that didn't do as well at the box office as hoped for. I wonder if many potential viewers were confused by the title.
                Keith

Comment

• Lex
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Apr 2001

One word for this film.

Awesome.

I heard that the studio offered people a refund on this film at the box office because it was something they somehow didn't expect. Anybody that would want their money back from this film has no appreciation for film art at all and may as well never see another film because they will forever be disatisfied with film art.

Every bit as moving as Million Dollar Baby, yet in a different way. What do you expect from a Ron Howard film? Nothing but greatness, truly. He's a way with film art, a very special talent.

Doug
                  Doug
                  "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ovation
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Sep 2004

Just watched this yesterday (I know, I've quite a backlog of films but the delay allowed me to watch it in HD DVD). Great film. While I might quibble with the portrayal of Max Baer and Mae Braddock (that's the historian in me coming out--I did some quick research after watching it), it is otherwise a good representation of the period and, as a film, an excellent achievement (on par with Apollo 13). What made it all the more engrossing was the fact that I did not know how the fight with Baer had turned out prior to viewing the film. The Braddock story is clearly the inspiration for the first Rocky film and, in my opinion, the real story trumps the fictional one. I liked this so much that I immediately placed an order for it (Amazon still had it in HD DVD). Highly recommended.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2001

I have yet to see this. I did plan to rent it. Man, I gotta start remembering these important things...
                      My Homepage!

Comment

• aud19
                        Twin Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2003

Watched this a couple weeks ago finally, I agree WELL worth multiple viewings :T
                        Jason

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Yes, very much enjoyed it when I rented it a while ago.
                          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                          - Pleasantville

Comment

• David G
                            • Jan 2005

Loved this movie!
                            I read somewhere that the only reason for its poor box office was its lame title, and I'd have to agree.

Comment

• Hdale85
                              Moderator Emeritus
                              • Jan 2006

Who cares about a title this was an awesome movie very in depth and emotional.

Comment

Working...
                              Searching...Please wait.
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                              There are no results that meet this criteria.
                              Search Result for "|||"