X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Star Wars 3(11-01-05)

For those who haven't heard. Here's a pic off the cover.

• audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Bootleg sucks. My pop bought me the DVD from somewhere, and I hate the way it looks and sound. This is why I can not own bootlegs cause the quality O-fends me!

But I'll wait for Christmas to receive the special edition box set.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by audioqueso
      Bootleg sucks.
      Not quite HTG's official position but it captures the idea perfectly! :B

Hopefully, this will have the same lavish attention paid to the audio and video of its predecessors. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

Hopefully, this will have the same lavish attention paid to the audio and video of its predecessors. . . .
        Predecessor you mean. Episode 1's PQ is awful. The EE is just all over the place. It is considered by many to be the poster child for bad EE.

EE = Edge Enhancement.

Comment

• theMaximus
          • Jul 2004

I was one of the fortunate people who watched this movie at a digital movie theater, and the PQ at the theater just completely blew me away. It seemed better than some of the HD programing I get on my Dish Net on my TV screen. Before the movie, I saw DLP Cinema logo (I don't know if that just meant they were using DLP projectors instead of old film projectors) and was told that movie theater was one of 13 theaters in the US that could display digital movies (so far Episode 3 is the only movie released that is even available in digital form).

I just can't forget the astounding pictures I experienced at the theater, and I hope this DVD looks as good as what I saw at the theater.
          Victory Shall Be Mine!!! :heh:

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

so far Episode 3 is the only movie released that is even available in digital form).
            Episodes 1 and 2 were shown and shot digitally. Ep3 is not the first.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I am referring to Ep.s 4-6 which were very well mastered.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Shane Martin
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2001

Then I would agree with you for sure :yesnod:

Comment

• Snap
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Feb 2005

Did not see this in the theater. Our Theaters around here stink. So I can not wait to see the DVD.
                  The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Can't wait! I need to re-watch this many times to see some intricacies.
                    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
                    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Well, this is the week. Coming out Tuesday (1 Nov) and I'm searching through the newspaper inserts today to figure out the best place to buy. The best price I can find is Best Buy, for $14.99. Same thing if you use DVD Price Search online, except now you're paying shipping, too.

As far as "bonuses" packaged with the DVD from certain stores, it looks like Best Buy is giving away lithographs with the DVD for Reward Zone participants. Target is giving away a EpIII collectible coin, (with the actual DVD price not listed) and Wal-Mart is giving away an exclusive bonus DVD, "The Story of Star Wars". For Wal-Mart, the DVD cost isn't listed either, although it's selling on Wal-Mart online for $15.87. The bonus DVD in the ad looks authentic, in the same packaging style as EpI and EpII. (and the pic at the top of this thread)

For me, assuming that the Wal-Mart in-store price is also $15.87, looks like I'll be headed there to get the extra DVD for only the extra $.88.

In general, I hate how you can only get certain special DVD packages from certain stores.
                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Shane Martin
                        Super Senior Member
                        • Apr 2001

This will be strictly for demo purposes for me. The movie has too many plot holes. The whole transformation to the dark side was craptacular and really juvenile.

Comment

• Chris D
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Dec 2000

Supposedly the DVD will have a little extra of Yoda doing a hip-hop video. You can see a preview on msn.com in the video section.
                          CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
                            Super Senior Member
                            • Jun 2001

Originally posted by theMaximus
                            I was one of the fortunate people who watched this movie at a digital movie theater, and the PQ at the theater just completely blew me away.
                            You still are one of those people!

It seemed better than some of the HD programming I get on my Dish Net on my TV screen. Before the movie, I saw DLP Cinema logo (I don't know if that just meant they were using DLP projectors instead of old film projectors) and was told that movie theater was one of 13 theaters in the US that could display digital movies
                            You were told wrong. There are quite a few more than 13. I think as of last May, it was somewhat more than 100.

(so far Episode 3 is the only movie released that is even available in digital form).
                            Again not so. Phantom Menace was shot on film, but shown digitally. Attack of the Clones was shot and presented digitally. Spy Kids II and 3D were both shot and shown digitally (and I think but am not sure, so was Once Upon a Time in Mexico). Sin City (Robert Rodriguez is a firm convert of Lucas' digital film making process). War of the Worlds. Not to mention other digitally created movies like Pixar's, Dreamworks' and (insert studio who's name I have forgotten) who did Ice Age and Robots. Then there are the large number of movies shot on film, digitized and show digitally (too numerous to mention, going back 4-5 years).

BB

Comment

• audioqueso
                              Super Senior Member
                              • Nov 2004

I'm just gonna wait for Christmas for the special edition complete movie pack to come out. Great gift to suggest someone to get me. lol
                              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Chris D
                                Moderator Emeritus
                                • Dec 2000

B, you're thinking of 20th Century Fox.

Went by Wal-Mart today, and the good news is that is was on sale for $14.87--the best price around. :banana: The bad news is, they tried to charge me $19.99 for the movie packaged with the "Bonus DVD", so I took just the movie without the bonus.

But like audioqueso said, I figure that an "uber-pack" set will be coming out sooner or later with all 6 movies in high-def and a bunch of extras. So I can wait on extras until then, and the movie will just tide me over until that uber-set.
                                CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Brandon B
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • Jun 2001

No, they were the releasing the movies, but the little animation studio that actually made them was who's name I forgot. . . .runs off to Google, returns with:

Blue Sky Studios is their name. Don't know if 20thC owns them outright or if it is similar to the Disney/Pixar deal.

Goes back to page . . .

Academy Award® winning Blue Sky Studios became a wholly owned unit of Fox Filmed Entertainment in 1997 (a subsidiary of News Corporation). The studio was founded ten years earlier with a mission to pioneer creatively superior photo-realistic, high-resolution, computer-generated character animation for the feature film, television and entertainment industries.
                                  Well, then, yes not no I guess, it is 20thC but these guys are who I meant.

BB

Comment

Working...
                                  Searching...Please wait.
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                  Search Result for "|||"