X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitch57
    • Nov 2004

The Big Red One: The Reconstruction

Has anyone seen this movie? I bought it and thought it was a great war movie to add to my collection. The picture wasn't bad considering it's age and the re-mixed audio was quite good.

Lee Marvin and Mark Hamill do a fine job.
    Attached Files
    Mitch
    :stupidpc:
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Mitch, this dvd replaced an old laserdisc in my collection. The reconstruction was terrific picture quality wise, but what is really good about the dvd is that Samuel Fuller's theatrical version, due to studio pressure, was 40 minutes shorter than what was relased on the dvd. Those extra 40 minutes add so much more to the film, especially in the area of character development. It is a true war classic in the same class as Saving Private Ryan. And what I really liked about The Big Red One is that it takes place in so many different 2nd world war arenas, and all this fighting had such a tremendous impact on the film's characters, especially Lee Marvin in what I felt was his greatest film performance.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"