X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gordon Moore
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Feb 2002

The next Bruce Lee?

Many have come and gone with that claim...
    (decide for yourself, obviously it has a low budget feel...but that's not why you would watch this... Who knows, Jackies getting older and relying on CG occasionally, Jet Li has disappeared??? Someone has to pave the way).

Source: www.Joblo.com

...Smart money is on Thai sensation Tony Jaa star of the upcoming film ONG-BAK. Heck don't just take my word for it - Time Magazine even called the dude the "long-overdue answer to Bruce Lee." The film, already a success in Asia, is coming to the US courtesy of Luc Besson (THE PROFESSIONAL) who re-edited the film and will have it released on February 4th (one of the last places in the free world it will have screened). Check out the teaser for the film at the official website by clicking below and get ready for yourself whether Tony Jaa can hold a candle to Master Lee.
    Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

It certainly looks to have great potential.

Bruce Lee, I don't know, those are pretty hard shoes to fill.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I've seen some other clips of this young man. He's almost scary in what he can do. Hopefully, it'll be a good effort on the filmmakers' part.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• will1066
        • Aug 2003

Tony Jaa:

Tony Jaa fights with 70 armed mafia and knock them out in the movie TomYum Goong'.Awesome and powerful Muay Thai techniques.http://www.tonyjaa.org/

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• audioqueso
          Super Senior Member
          • Nov 2004

Doesn't seem as smooth as Bruce Lee did. Like... some moves seem as if his body requires too much effort to execute it, you know? Bruce Lee, every move seemed so fluent with him.
          B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• H.Donald
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by audioqueso
            Doesn't seem as smooth as Bruce Lee did. Like... some moves seem as if his body requires too much effort to execute it, you know? Bruce Lee, every move seemed so fluent with him.

True...much different style,lots of elbows and knees with Tony.

I have watched his two?...movies.The first Ong-Bak,was fairly entertaining...you are watching it of course for his artistry.
            The second,the Protector was a step back...at least to my son and I.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"