• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Hide and Seek

Rented It.

A great way to waste the afternoon. While it dragged in many places, I thought overall that it was a decent mystery film. Great theme song too. Excellent casting. The young girl was spectacular, and I expect to see her in many more films.

Worth a rent...
    :3: out of :5:
    ~Nick
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Hmmmm, Rottentomatoes rated this movie poorly, but a co-worker told me that he thoroughly enjoyed it.

I guess I'll have to rent it as per your suggestion Nick.

Regards,

Azeke

Comment

• Marcel54
      • Jan 2004

Watched it two days ago and yes I enjoyed it. Not the best in the bunch but above average. Dakota Fanning has indeed a promising future, she was great in Taken and in Man on Fire. Let's hope she can make the transition when she gets older (just like Kirsten Dunst).

Comment

• chas
        • Jul 2005

I just rented this on Sunday myself, and enjoyed the movie. A reviewer on DigitallyObsessed tore it up....said it was an embarrassment for DeNiro and that Dakota just looked terrified and screamed once in awhile. No it was not DeNiro's finest moment, but his performance was far from an embarrassment and Dakota Fanning really carried the story and made the mystery plausible.

The special features include several alternate endings, a couple which I preferred to the theatrical release ending.

Comment

• David Meek
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

I'd been on the fence about this one, but with the positive comments I'll have to check it out. Thanks gang.

Has anyone looked at Dakota Fanning's resume? 8O It's a pretty impressive list of titles - especially for a 9-year-old. Here are some of the notable ones:

I Am Sam
          Sweet Home Alabama
          Taken
          The Cat In The Hat
          Man On Fire
          Hide & Seek
          War Of The Worlds

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

I'll liklely rent it one of these days, but after what I've heard about it, I am in no rush. I just like to decide for myself whether it's good or bad.
            My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"