X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarahbee
    • Jun 2005

Saved!

Just caught this movie for the first time over the weekend. I'd heard good things and it lived up to the hype. Very funny and inventive, with a strong young cast. And some great quotes. Anyone else seen it?
    "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Sarah. No, I haven't caught this one yet. My 18-year-old daughter enjoyed it a lot, though. To paraphrase your signature: "So many movies, so little time."

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Saved ? Not familiar with this film. What's it about ?
      My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

It's a comedy/satire about a religion-based high-school and the lives of the small group of misfits that try to get through it - one girl in particular. At least, that's what Katheryn told me.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2001

Hmmm... OK.
          My Homepage!

Comment

• Danbry39
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Sep 2002

Oh, until David described it, I had no clue as to what the movie was, but, when it was released, it got some very nice reviews, sort of a Mean Girls on religion.

I'm a gonna rent it.
            Keith

Comment

• pwman
              • Jun 2005

Saved is worth seeing ! Its well written and the cast consisting of young actors like Mandy Moore, Jena Malone and Mcauley Caulkin although young are veterans actors. My teenager did love this movie, but anyone who likes seeing hypocrites get a proverbial pie in the face will like this one.

Comment

• Sarahbee
                • Jun 2005

sort of a Mean Girls on religion.
                That's a pretty good description... In some ways, its the classic outsiders dealing with a mainstream that they just don't get, with one of the main characters being someone who has fallen out with the mainstream. I thought that the acting in this movie was great. Besides the kids, Mary Louise Parker also did a nice job. I also was very impressed with Mandy Moore...something I thought I'd never say!
                "We have so much time and so little to do. Strike that, reverse it." - Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Comment

• Danbry39
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Sep 2002

Hi, Sarahbee.

I saw it a couple of nights ago and it was a very well acted, extremely sharp movie. It might upset the sensibilities of some, but I thought it was a gas. Kind of the same impact on me as when I first saw the Reese Witherspoon movie, Election, with Mandy Moore playing a similar control freak roll as Reese did in Election.
                  Keith

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"