X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sonnie Parker
    • Jan 2002

Be Cool

I haven't noticed any one commenting on this movie... I accidentally stumbled across it at Movie Gallery and figured what the heck.

A sequel to Get Shorty, which I really liked.

I've always been a big fan of John Travolta and why not get a little more of Chili Palmer. It was not as funny as Get Shorty but it is still a movie I enjoyed and will own. At first glance and with all the cast, you can't help but to believe it will be a big hit, but I was disappointed with a few of the characters... especially the role played by Vince Vaughn... annoying laugh and annoying accent and he never shuts up. Not to mention The Rock playing his gay bodyguard (and The Rock's singing parts are horrendous - they could have left out that part). Rock plays a better tough guy IMO. However, I can get past this to see Travolta and Thurman paired up along with Christina Milian. Cedric the Entertainer does a good job and is rather funny. The movie has some good laughs and Travolta is his natural cool self IMO.

PQ is average... SQ is good if you like the music. Neither is breathtaking or anything to write home to momma about.

Overall... :35: out of :5:

Some of you professional reviewers can probably say much more.
    Last edited by Sonnie Parker; 14 June 2005, 11:51 Tuesday.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Haven't seen it yet, Sonnie, but I will be buying it and it will go in the rack next to GET SHORTY.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• pwman
      • Jun 2005

The best part of the whole movie was John Travolta and Uma Thurman dancing together again. I had to view Pulp Fiction again later that night. Im a big Get Shorty Fan so I had to see it. It does pale in comparison, like most sequels seem to. I found Vince Vaughn's character a little over the top, but I was laughing at times anyway. Harvey Keitel another P.F. alumni was decent, and the Rock was ok as a "pansy" but Cedric the Entertainer had the best comedic performance of the flick. The film lacked the Elmore Leonard nuance that made Get Shorty so great. I was hoping it would have been better.

Comment

• Foxman
        • Jan 2003

We watched this last night and I chuckled through most of it. Cedrics sidekick was hilarious but I can not recall his name. I enjoyed it.

3.5 out of 5
        IMO

My Movies
        Bad Pics of my system

Comment

• Penningtonsm
          • Jan 2005

I saw this movie this weekend. I am a huge fan of lots of the actors in this film, but I gotta say that this film sucked. I couldn't find much to laugh at in this movie and when the few times something was actually funny, I was so dissapointed at that point that I didnt even laugh. I didnt see Get Shorty and now I probably won't.

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

I didnt see Get Shorty and now I probably won't.
            Get Shorty is in another league compared to this terd. It wasn't all that good at all. I was majorly dissapointed here. People were indeed cool but nothing special.

A so-so effort.

Comment

• Sonnie Parker
              • Jan 2002

I bought it and I've watched it over again and it was still a great movie to me... even better the second time, other than the pimp, they could have left him out.

Some ya like and some ya don't.

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

Funny this thread popped up again. I just watched Be Cool last night. Though I wouldn't call it a turd, it just didn't have some of the ingredients that Get Shorty had, like a much better screenplay and the likes of Gene Hackman. But I did get a kick out of Vince Vaughan and The Rock's characters, and it was really nice watching Uma and Travolta on the dance floor. Be Cool also had an interesting soundtrack. When those hummers came on scene my subs went crazy. I bought this as a previously viewed disc from Blockbuster and don't regret it. I will watch it again some time.
                My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"