Clear All
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Dawn of the Dead - Unrated Director's Cut

Rented It.

All I can say is :E :E :E
    Should have rented this one sooner...
    A very well made flick. Finally a zombie movie that doesn't just make me roll my eyes. Fantastic filming style, characters, and action. A popcorn film that other popcorn films should look up to. You'll start laughing, and then almost choke to death when the action explodes (along with ammunition and bodies).

Definetly worth buying! (Which I plan to) :T :T

:35: out of :5:
    (Very close to 4 stars, 3.75 if I could)
    ~Nick
  • junior77blue
    • Nov 2004

i didn't get anything from this movie...not sure what i was expcting, but completely didn't scare me or make me laugh or anything...

Comment

• Nick M
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

It wasn't really scary, no monster films really scare me. The action was well done, along with everything that makes a popcorn horror a popcorn horror... (ie :twisted: :a> :# :dudes: :boobies: :blowup: ).

By the time the opening credits hit I knew this one was going to be different.
      Storyline and music were fantastic. You have to watch through the end credits to see everything. A reference popcorn flick.
      ~Nick

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
        • Sep 2003

lol, please believe me when I say this, and its odd that we keep disagreeing on movies....

this was a stinker. the acting was terrible. Ving really sunk to a new level by being in this.

i have friends that said 28 days Later sucked, and turns out I loved it.

Im glad I borrowed it from a friend. If I would have spent a 1.00 on it I would have needed therapy. Its already sad that I wasted electricity to watch the movie.

oh and a propane tank from a grill can take out a parking lot, but the big one in the van/truck at the end didnt cause near as much damage. I turned it off after that, I couldnt watch the ending.
        Last edited by David Meek; 07 February 2005, 10:01 Monday. Reason: added spoiler tags

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
        GameTracker -My List-
        Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Gordon Moore
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Feb 2002

Nope I was with Nick on this this one. I bought sight unseen and was very happy with the purchase. The director's cut is the only one to see.

Again this is one of those re-visioning projects. The zombie baby was strictly 80's roll your eyes over the top, but fun

True, not really scary but did include some okay social commentary which all "good" horrors should. The red goo oozes in this one so be prepared. :T :T :evil:

I personally think it was acceptable that the zombies moved quick in this one. I like classic slow-moving zombies but in the frame work of what this story lays down, the fact that they've only been dead for virtually minutes makes it acceptable that rigor wouldn't have set in. Makes sense to me. Their quickness, pumped it up a level as well.

I didn't find the quality of acting too bad....it's about what you'd expect for this type of movie. Vin was fine, but waaaaay underused.

Overall B+/ A- effort. (will be re-watched for all hallows eve).

just my review.

(Cabin Fever, Texas remake, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later...this decade has done a much better job than the "scream era" of scary movies of the 90's...we've almost turned back the clock to the 80's it feels. Not quite but not bad.

However now Evil Dead will be re-done (with Rami's blessings so maybe it'll be okay), and Rami will continue with an Evil Dead 4. Maybe we will get some innovation in the second half of the decade? (Cabin Fever was a standout for something new. If you haven't seen it, run don't walk to the video store...or just flat out buy...it's good fun)

The buzz is pretty good on the Ring2...time will tell.
          Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• will1066
            • Aug 2003

I saw Cabin Fever a long time ago. It was good, but I don't think it was particularly great.

I did enjoy the DotD remake. I thought Jake Weber (the Best Buy salesman) was the acting standout. The acting wasn't bad for this type/level of flick.

Comment

• Nick M
              Ultra Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

I'll let up on the propane tank and zombie baby scenes. Those were pretty corny... :B :rofl:

What was that australian zombie movie that had the guy whos mother becomes a zombie and spirals out of control? I ended up selling that one. I was so ashamed that I even owned it :B :
              ~Nick

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"