Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

More a Netflix than Amazon viewer? There's something there too worth watching

Over on Netflix, I recommend The Lincoln Lawyer (series). The movie, made a bit over ten years ago, was good, but the new series (which adapts the same novel, but has different details) has room to explore themes and characters more fully. Both film and show are on Netflix Canada (can't speak to Netflix elsewhere for the film--but the series is a Netflix show) and are worth a viewing. I'd recommend watching the film first to more fully appreciate the extra material in the series. They differ enough that each is enjoyable. No need to watch the film to appreciate the series (or vice versa).
  • theSven
    Master of None
    • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Ovation
    Over on Netflix, I recommend The Lincoln Lawyer (series). The movie, made a bit over ten years ago, was good, but the new series (which adapts the same novel, but has different details) has room to explore themes and characters more fully. Both film and show are on Netflix Canada (can't speak to Netflix elsewhere for the film--but the series is a Netflix show) and are worth a viewing. I'd recommend watching the film first to more fully appreciate the extra material in the series. They differ enough that each is enjoyable. No need to watch the film to appreciate the series (or vice versa).
    I binge watched the Devil in Ohio yesterday flying back to the USA. That was an interesting short season about a cult. I will take a look at your Lincoln Lawyer suggestion for a series to watch when I'm flying back over to seas in a few weeks.
    Painter in training

Comment

• Absinthe
      • Sep 2021

When I was traveling a lot, I used to binge watch TV shows a lot. It helped keep me grounded on "back home." Thankfully, those traveling days are behind me

Recently I got hooked on the Bosch series on Amazon. So far, its proven to be a pretty dark, gritty crime drama. Harry Bosch seems a lot like Harry Calahan for the 21st century

Comment

• theSven
        Master of None
        • Jan 2014

I downloaded the Lincoln Lawyer series for my travels this weekend 😁. I looking forward to the next season of Sex Education and Big Mouth. Thanks for the suggestion on the show Ovation
        Painter in training

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

I'm happy to make recommendations (when I have time to watch things myself). My current recommendation is The Old Man. In Canada, it's on Disney+. I don't know where it streams in the US (it is an F/X series, if that helps). Not finished with it, but it's excellent. Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow are fantastic.

Comment

• theSven
            Master of None
            • Jan 2014

Thanks! I haven't got Disney+ yet. Only Netflix and Prime that I never use. It gets frustrating with all these different content providers and then having to have all kinds of subscriptions.
            Painter in training

Comment

• theSven
              Master of None
              • Jan 2014

I finally finished watching Lincoln Lawyer back in November while I was traveling overseas. Now Paradise PD season 4 came out and I'm trying to watch that. Seems like evenings and airplanes are the best time for me to watch anything when it is a series. Otherwise it's movies while I'm home in the theater.

What else have you watched that you can pass on?
              Painter in training

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

On Netflix, I've enjoyed The Recruit. I also like Slow Horses on Apple TV+ (despite the title, it's not a western, but a British spy series). Also on Netflix, Old Henry (that is a western).

Comment

• Ovation
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Sep 2004

Treason, on Netflix Canada at least, is a more serious spy limited series than The Recruit (it’s very British). Good acting talent (Charlie Cox, Cìrian Hinds, Alex Kingston) and a decent spy story. Only 5 episodes, so not a major commitment.

Comment

• theSven
                    Master of None
                    • Jan 2014

Treason, on Netflix Canada at least, is a more serious spy limited series than The Recruit (it’s very British). Good acting talent (Charlie Cox, Cìrian Hinds, Alex Kingston) and a decent spy story. Only 5 episodes, so not a major commitment.
                    I will see if I can get that in the USA. I got caught up in Ginny & Georgia at the moment. Flying through the weekend on this as the weather is miserable here and I have no motivation to go outside 😂
                    Painter in training

Comment

• Faye Groen
                      • Feb 2023

I agree, The Lincoln Lawyer both as a movie and as a series is a great recommendation on Netflix. It's interesting to see how the adaptation from film to series allows for a deeper exploration of themes and characters. If you have the chance, watching the movie first to fully appreciate the additional content in the series is recommended, however, both can be enjoyed separately as well.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"