Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Van Helsing Starts Today

Van Helsing hits theaters today. I hope it's a treat and not a trick! :

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

Interesting tidbit of info - Van Helsing will be the next movie to use a new CGI algorithm for rendering skin that was used on gollum to such advantage. Don't know on what character(s) though.

BB

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

A friend of mine saw it last night in a preview and told me to avoid it. The reviews are awful on it.

I may still see it in NYC in DLP(if its there) just to see a DLP presentation(we don't have any in T-Town) but the reviews are just dead panning it.

Comment

• Glen
        • Dec 2003

That's not gonna stop my wife from seeing ( she loves that Hugh Jackman )

I'd love to see any DLP theatre movie - just to see if its all I'd expect.

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
          • Sep 2003

saw the matinee showing in the larger theatre at the local Cinemark, which does infact have a DLP projector running.

The movie was great, better then I expected. But, I am a huge Kate beckinsale fan(gee I wonder why), and I will go see any movie that deals with Vamps and werewolves. The animation used, killed that of Underworlds. The werewolves in this made the ones in Underworld seem like they used 40 year old technology.

The story was good, the action was good, 4 hotties( kate and dracs 3 brides) were distracting me. The sound was great as well. Some comedic moments thrown in made it even more enjoyable. Even Frankenstien was fit into the plot nicely. The epic battle at the and had me craving more.

This movie, by far, displayed the very best picture I have seen thus far in a DLP cinema. The quality blew me away.

I am going again tomorrow with yet another friend, and at $5.50 to get in, I can't complain.

This one will be bought the day it hits store shelves, and it will fit nicely next to Underworld on my rack

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
          GameTracker -My List-
          Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• Trevor Schell
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

I really want to see this one as well.
            The special effects look amazing..

This one will be bought the day it hits store shelves, and it will fit nicely next to Underworld on my rack.
            You meant to say that the DVD would fit nicely in my DVD player instead of Rack..Right. :wink:
            Heh! heh!
            Well, you have to watch it you know.. :P
            Trevor

XBOX 360 CARD

Comment

• Glen
              • Dec 2003

Well, my wife went to see this last night and loved it. She said its done in the comic book style genre. ( I don't think Hugh Jackman could do any wrong in her eyes :lol: ).

Comment

• ht_addict
                • Dec 2002

Just saw the movie this afternoon. THis is going to make an excellent DVD. Excellent special effects, awesome sound track with lots of deep, deep bass and tons of action. Hopefully its out before Christmas.

ht_addict

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                  • Sep 2001

But how's the movie?

Originally posted by ht_addict
                  THis is going to make an excellent DVD. Excellent special effects, awesome sound track with lots of deep, deep bass and tons of action. Hopefully its out before Christmas.
                  Those sound like just the kind of things that make "The Haunting" a great DEMO DVD. But otherwise, that movie really sucks. How's "Van Helsing" as a movie?

I used to buy DVDs that were technically excellent to have some "gee whiz" demo material. But I think I've got enough of those by now. Also there have been quite a few DVDs the past few years that also meet the same "system demo quality" standard which I actually like for the movie itself. So these days, unless the featured film holds up to repeated viewings on its own merits as a movie, I don't feel that having excellent special effects and deep bass necessarily make a disc worth buying..

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Burke
                    Those sound like just the kind of things that make "The Haunting" a great DEMO DVD. But otherwise, that movie really sucks. How's "Van Helsing" as a movie?
                    Let's just say that I'm working on my review, and it's NOT going to be pretty.
                    :f>

Comment

• Gordon Moore
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Feb 2002

I'm guessing it was a trick and NOT a treat
                      Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• David Meek
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Aug 2000

Give that man a cigar! :W

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"