X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Rocky 6?

Sylvester Stallone is in final negotiations to step back into the ring for "Rocky 6."

The Hollywood Reporter says Stallone is set to write, star in and produce the next sequel to his Oscar-winning 1976 breakthrough film "Rocky."

The new film is expected to return to the indie-style roots of the original, with a budget in the $10 - 15 million range.

"Rocky 6" will see Stallone as a 50-year-old Rocky Balboa, who now runs a youth centre. He is lured out of retirement and into the ring for one last fight.

:roll: NUFF SAID

• Danbry39
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Sep 2002

Can we all say, "Sly, you've milked this thing way beyond reason"? On the other hand, he hasn't had much in the way of roles of late. A big turn in his career came when he tried to do comedy. I don't think he ever fully recovered from that, although him doing a remake of Gone With the Wind as Rhett Butler would be pretty funny if you take the time to imagine him, with his accent, saying lines like "Frankly, my dear... Rocky made him a star and Rambo carried him from there. Although that type of role suits him best, he should move past Rocky.

By the way, is Talia set to be in the picture?

Keith
    Keith

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

I feel the Rocky thing ran out of steam long ago. The last good thing I saw Stallone do was COPLAND. But I don't dislike his work and I wish him well with another crack at Rocky.

My Homepage!
      My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Hmmmm. He was already punchy in #5 right? I didn't see it, but IIRC. . . . Well what are we going to get in #6? Slobbering, MORE mumbling and maybe even a lack of motor skills from "our champion"?

Puh-lease. :roll:

David - HTGuide flunky
        Our "Theater"
        Our DVDs on DVD Tracker

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

Aiii, Yiii, Yiii, I worked on the first 5 Rocky's and he treated me great and I actually like being around the guy. Vain, yes, but pretty amusing to hang with.
          However, Rocky 6, gag me with a spoon!!!
          Sly, if you read this, just kidding buddy, really, let's do lunch and talk rates

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2001

Bob, I bet you have a good book inside you. When you gonna put pen to paper ? :?:

My Homepage!
            My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
              • Jul 2000

George,
              That would give every English teacher I ever had a major heart attack. I flunked English every year in high school and just barely made it in college. Can't spell and am notorious with run on sentences. However, here are two Rocky stories.
              Nobody told me that there was going to be a Rock lV until one night around 8:00 pm I get a phone call and on the other line is the production coordinator. I barely get out a hello when she tells me to pack a bag for 3 days, grab my passport and, in the a.m. head on out to the area of LAX where the private planes leave from. I finally interrupt her and tell her that I don't have a clue as to what she is talking about. She paused for a few seconds and then said, "This is the office for Rocky lV and your name is listed for the preliminary scout." So, I tell her that nobody had ever called me and I had no idea that there was another Rocky about to film. She then told me that actually it wasn't going to go into production for several months but, they needed to quickly find a location to be Russia while it was still winter and that they would shoot just that part and then shut down for a few months while Sly got into fighting shape. Then she said that Sly asked for me and it was taken for granted that I knew about the show and would want to do it. We quickly made a deal on the phone and the next day a group of us left for a 3 day round the world scout on the MGM jet (don't know my planes but, this had 3 bedrooms and a large living room and anything you wanted in the way of food and drinks!!) The first day Sly gets on the plane and as we headed out to Norway for the first leg of the journey he is pacing and saying that the script needed a stronger revenge motive. Not having seen any script I had no idea what the heck he was talking about but, as long as the lobster and drinks kept coming I was more than willing to agree. Then he went off on a tangent about how Carl Weathers had asked for a $250,000 increase in salary. Considering that Sly was getting $15,000,000 for the film it seemed like a pretty paltry sum to me. So, Sly throws Rocky 3 into the VHS machine for us to be bored with while he goes to the front bedroom to write a better revenge motive. Hence, Carl Weathers is killed in the ring, never to appear in another Rocky. Better revenge motive or revenge for asking for a raise? Later, of course, the script was further modified to take away all of Dolf Lundgrens lines and make him unable to speak English, therefore necessitating a new character, a translator and Sly's future wife. How he could be the only person on earth to not know she was gay is beyond me.
              O'k second story about Sly. During the fight scene with Dolf, Sly takes a hard punch over his heart and is hospitalized. Don't forget Dolf is the real deal when it comes to kick boxing, not just a gymnist like a couple of other big time "marial art stars". So, we shoot the rest of the film. Shut down for awhile so that Sly can get back in shape to continue the fight scene. When we get back up and running I'm standing in the ring with Sly adjusting the lighting and he whispers in my ear that he has something special just for my crew because of being around for all 4 of the movies. He gives a pull on his warm up jersey and tells me, "See these, they're from Hugo Boss. Hugo flew the wardrope guy over to Germany and made all these warm up suits just for me so that they would be used as product placement." Then he looks around to make sure nobody else is listening and says, "I want the grips and electricians to have these and, I'll give them to you guys for half price."
              What can I say, no matter how successful he is he can't seem to forget that he once was poor.

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Hehe, killed Carl off for a measley $250K.
                1/2 price, huh? Ooooh - NOT. :

Thanks Bob, great tales! I've always liked Sly (at least the Sly that the public knows) and really respect him for coming from nothing to being a successful star.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2001

Love that story, Bob. Very insightful of Stallone, too.

My Homepage!
                  My Homepage!

Comment

• Danbry39
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Sep 2002

LMAO Bob, especially with the 1/2 price thing. :P

Keith
                    Keith

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2000

Bob please write more of those stories when you can...they're fasinating!

PS I can't spel eithre

Comment

• Lex
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Apr 2001

Ha, on the 1/2 off deal. Sly was really worried about having lunch money ey?

So, Sly's wife is gay? Wow, talk about the inside scoop! Great story Bob.

Lex
                        Doug
                        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                          Moderator Emeritus
                          • Jan 2001

Lex, I may be wrong, but if memory serves me, the woman Bob is referring to is Brigitte Neilsen, Sly's Ex. She's that tall blond that made Sly look like a little runt when they were together. Am I correct on that , Bob ?

My Homepage!
                          My Homepage!

Comment

• Bob
                            • Jul 2000

That's right, George. Just prior to the start of Rocky lV Brigitte slipped a nude picture of herself under the door of the hotel room that Sly was staying in. Before that they had never met. Sly became obsessed with her, describing her to anyone that would listen. Shortly after taking up with her he rewrote the script, as I said earlier, giving her all of poor Dolf Lundgren's lines.

Comment

• Greg Stone
                              • Aug 2000

Good stories, Bob! Thanks for sharing. It's cool to hear how famous people act when the camera's aren't rolling, and how they interact with others.

Comment

• P-Dub
                                Office Moderator
                                • Aug 2000

Bob, those are some great stories. Keep them coming.

And on the book, that's what editors are for! I'm sure George could help you as he was in the publishing business. Well maybe I should ask George before I volunteer him.

Heck if he's not up to it, I'll find somebody, my wifes great at these kind of things.

Or just post your autobiography here, we'd love to read it.

Say, do you have any good stories off the set of Minority Report? I recall you were working on that set.

Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.
                                Paul

There are three kinds of people in this world; those that can count, and those that can't.

Comment

Working...
                                Searching...Please wait.
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                Search Result for "|||"