X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick Sun
    Super Senior Member
    • Aug 2000

High Crimes - a review

Okay, I admit it, I enjoy staring at movies that featuee Ashley Judd. With that admission out of the way, her new film, "High Crimes" was an okay effort, but imminently forgettable once you exit the movie theater. It's got some strange turns and but is ultimately predictable because the core story has been told many times.

The performances are good, I did enjoy Morgan Freeman in this film, the man always brings a certain amount of gravitas/charm to the role he plays, even if they aren't too fleshed out. Judd also has some good scenes that show the strong resolve of a resourceful woman. Jim Cavaziel is okay playing the husband whose past lands him in a military court martial for 1st degree murder of 9 people, plus he does a little too much crying in my estimation. Amanada Peet almost steals the show had she been in more scenes as the smart alec sister of Judd's character. Adam Scott does okay, and provided a few laughs himself.

So, if you're a fan of Ashley Judd, you'll enjoy it, but I would not make a huge effort to go see it.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
    PatCave; HT Pix;Gear;DIY Projects;DVDs; LDs
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

From what I have heard others say, Patrick, yoiu seem to pretty well have it pegged. I particularly liked the charisma between Morgan Freeman and Ashley Judd in their first film together, so I will probably rent this when it comes to video, but not bother to buy it.

My Homepage!
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"