X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Sorry it's been a while since I've posted about movies. Crazy busy with work and research. Took some time yesterday to catch the Spider-Man movie with my son (as a reward to him for doing a man-sized set of chores the previous day). Much like I wrote up for the previous one (seems like it was far less than two years ago), it's a fun movie. The actor continues to be great as a teen-aged Peter Parker, the effects are up to the usual high standards of the day, the humour is well spread through the movie. Relies a bit more on having seen the recent Avengers movies than the first instalment, though not to a degree that makes the movie unintelligible if you haven't seen them. Not a "must-see", but certainly worth the trip if A) you have kids who like this stuff, and/or B) you were a big Spider-Man fan at some point in life (and the character is old enough for that to be possibly true of many of us).

More generally, I hope to get some time in the fall (when my hectic schedule should calm down a bit) to be a more regular commentator on films than I've been lately. Also hope the general level of quality of things I watch goes up. Lately, most of my movie-watching have been forgettable Netflix fare that probably never went to the cinema (mildly entertaining to my tired brain at the moment, I've watched them because I don't have to pay much attention, I don't even mind if I break up the viewing over two or more sittings--something I hate if it's truly good--and if I fall asleep or don't want to finish, I'm not out any money as Netflix serves the whole family for the same price as me alone). The one thing they have in common is they're not worth a write up here.

Anyway, if you are a fan of Spider-Man, then the latest one is worth a viewing.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"