Star Trek Beyond--most TOS-like film yet of the three new ones (or even the old ones)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Star Trek Beyond--most TOS-like film yet of the three new ones (or even the old ones)

If you're a Trek fan (even if you're not warm to the new ones), you should find Beyond entertaining. I read somewhere (a review or a post on a forum--can't remember where exactly) that Beyond is a film that would slot in with the TOS films of the 80s, if only they'd had the tech/budgets back then. A fair comment.

Many "Easter eggs" for Trek fans, of all series. I've seen it twice--IMAX 3D and regular 2D. I usually opt for IMAX as it has the best sound around here (not a big fan of 3D, but I don't mind IMAX 3D) and that remains true. However, unlike the previous one, no footage was shot with IMAX cameras, so no need to seek out a 15/70 "true" IMAX. 2D is fine (as long as you have good sound--I found such a combo earlier today). I've been watching Trek since 1973 (seen 'me all) but unlike some old-time Trek fans, I'm a big fan of the new movies as well. More heretically, my favourite of the movies is Into Darkness (still), though I do like them all (even the "bad" ones--yes, even Star Trek V :E ).

In any case, it's a fun couple of hours and this time, the crew have grown up into the "five year mission" gang--not rookies anymore. Enjoy. And the guest hero character is great--hope she's back for a future installment.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"