What show that ended prematurely would you like to see have a proper ending?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

What show that ended prematurely would you like to see have a proper ending?

Inspired by a post in the thread about the three best TV shows you've seen in the past six months, I thought it would be interesting to see what shows people would have liked to have received a "proper ending". This is a topic I've come across a bit more often lately, largely owing to Netflix picking up a few series and continuing them (like Arrested Development).

Some years ago, I was a fan of a show called John Doe. Wasn't the greatest show of all time or anything, but I found it interesting and entertaining. Unfortunately, it ended on a cliffhanger. I would have liked even a mini-series or half season, or even a TV-movie, to wrap up the story.

Any others?
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

As mentioned in the other thread I'd very much like to see a continuation of Caprica, but also Almost Human, Heroes (which we're actually getting sort of), there are a couple others I can't think of right this second. I'll have to come back with some others.

Comment

• Hdale85
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

Ok, 2 really good shows that I wish were still around, Longmire and Luck, both of which had very very high ratings. I have no idea why Longmire was canceled, even at it's cancel date it was still one of A&E's top rated shows. Luck on the other hand apparently a couple of horses died during filming and PETA found out about it. Also I'd say that Caprica, Almost Human, and Heroes all belong in this list as well.

Some other shows that weren't really amazing but were very fun to watch and follow and I miss are Doll House, Revolution, Terra Nova and Touch.

Comment

• impala454
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2007

FIREFLY

A hundred million times over, FIREFLY.

-Chuck

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Yes I did love Firefly.

Comment

• Lex
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Apr 2001

I enjoyed Touch as well Dougie, but they sort of ruined it removing that woman, she was pretty good along with Keifer Sutherland. Sutherland had in mind other projects I think, however, I have not seen him come back in anything, that I am aware of. Supposedly, he was the hot commodity according to stuff I read. Loved that show for 2 seasons, right up until they killed the girl's Mom, then I guess that is where they ended it pretty much. I did not know it was over when it ended.

Kelsey Grammar's HBO show ended without an ending, supposedly they were discussing doing a 1 or 2 hour ending, but to my knowledge, that never happened. He was Mayor of Chicago, heck, I don't remember name right off...
            Doug
            "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

I think that show was called Boss and was a Showtime, not HBO programme. As for post-Touch, Sutherland did another season (half-season, actually) of 24 this past spring/summer.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"