X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

The search for Frasier on TV and disappointment

I started searching to find Frasier re-runs on TV, I had not seen them in a very long time. I was hoping to find full HD re-runs. I thought Frasier had been in widescreen. But I was wrong, it was always dumbed down to 1080i, but cropped to 4:3 except for last 2 seasons. (10 and 11). The whole thing was shot in film though, so I would think they could restore it to full HD if they would.

But now to what Hallmark Channel did to Frasier. Ok, it's a 4:3 aspect ratio to begin with. They put the letters HD in the right hand "bar". Then in HUGE lettering, and BRIGHT WHITE, they put "Hallmark Channel" as a supposed watermark on the screen. WATERMARK? Are you kidding me?

I had set my recorder to record them, I thought it would be nice to have some episodes anyway, but after sitting down to try and watch one episode, I could not do it. I cancelled my "record all" on my DVR, turned it off and went to bed.

Hallmark Channel needs to take a hard look at how they present themselves. I could see a light colored HC logo, if they HAVE to, but this huge logo they have is unacceptable.
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"