• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Moonrise Kingdom

[YOUTUBE]7N8wkVA4_8s&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE][/QUOTE]

Looks like it will be released towards the end of May.

Set on an island off the coast of New England in the 1960s, as a young boy and girl fall in love they are moved to run away together. Various factions of the town mobilize to search for them and the town is turned upside down -- which might not be such a bad thing.

Director:
    Wes Anderson
    Writers:
    Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola
    I'm QUITE looking forward to this. The trailer looks fantastic, it has an amazing cast and it's written/directed by Anderson. SOLD :T
    Jason
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

For me, Wes Anderson was an aquired taste. I've found that I have to watch his films more than once to really appreciate what he does, with The Royal Tenenbaums being a good example. On the other hand, The Life Aquatic hooked me on the first viewing and I have watched this film several times. So I'll definitely be interested in his latest effort. Love the lineup of talent, too: Bruce Willis, Bill Murray, Edward Norton, etc. :T
    My Homepage!

Comment

• M.Roberts8
      • Jan 2006

Looks interesting but its definitely a rental for me. I agree with George the cast looks great and I see some potential but Wes has always been hit or miss with me. Sometimes I find his pacing agonizingly slow.

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Finally watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed :T

Yes, you certainly have to be in an Anderson "mood" to enjoy his stuff. It's certainly not your generic Hollywood, that's for sure :lol:
        Jason

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

We loved this movie as well, It was great and witty and just different but also amazingly fun. It's probably one of the better movies we've watched recently.

Comment

• aud19
            Twin Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2003

I agree...have had some misses recently with the likes of Sucker Punch (WTF was that?!?! :blink: ) and Never Let Me Go... So this was a pleasant "hit" (along with Best Exotic Marigold Hotel).
            Jason

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"