X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo

Saw this on Monday. I really liked it is a definite buy for me. I do like Fincher's other movies as well.
    Haven't read the books or watched the other version of the film.
    This is a hard "R" movie, there are some rather graphic and disturbing scenes.
    On a side note the opening titles are the most EPIC I have ever seen in a movie. The visuals along with the techno/industrial cover of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song was awesome. I wish Robert Plant or Jimmy Page would have let Fincher use the original though.
    Here is a link to a audio only youtube of the cover. Karen O, Trent Reznor
    Link
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

I bought the trilogy of books for my wife a while ago.
    Not my style of reading material though, so I have no idea how well it will be represented by the movie.

Strong musical input to the film. Including Atticus Ross, an English musician who also worked with Reznor (of Nine Inch Nail fame) on David Fincher's "The Social Network" soundtrack, which earned them an Academy Award for Best Original Score.

Not sure if the wife will want to see this in the theater. We may wait for the DVD.

V anxious, however, to hear the reviews.
    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

It's getting good reviews in general. I plan to rent it when released on video.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• M.Roberts8
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by wkhanna
        I bought the trilogy of books for my wife a while ago.
        Not my style of reading material though, so I have no idea how well it will be represented by the movie.

Strong musical input to the film. Including Atticus Ross, an English musician who also worked with Reznor (of Nine Inch Nail fame) on David Fincher's "The Social Network" soundtrack, which earned them an Academy Award for Best Original Score.

Not sure if the wife will want to see this in the theater. We may wait for the DVD.

V anxious, however, to hear the reviews.
        As I said having not read the books I can't say how well it represents the books. On my way out of the theater I did hear another patron make the comment that it followed the book rather well.

Comment

• mpauline
          • Dec 2003

I have also read the books and am eagerly awaiting this release on blu-ray. I cannot wait to see and listen to the film on my home theater.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"