X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

The Help

First off I find it strange that this is a summer release. I would have saved it for fall in hopes of garnering the Academy's attention.

My wife and I went to a mid afternoon screening and it was a full theater. In fact every showing today had sold out. That says a lot.

I liked the easy pacing of the film and all the performances were excellent. I had forgotten how dangerous those times were for black Americans living in the South. When you watch the film you have to wonder how it is that older black women and men aren't more bitter.

Very, very, good film making. I was in New Orleans when it was being filmed and a good friend of mine called and told me he was in Mississippi working on a film but, he didn't tell me how good the script was. I guess he figured that just the fact that he called should have given me a heads up that it wasn't just another day at the factory.
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

I have heard only good things about this film, Bob.
    My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"