X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

Source Code

I enjoyed this movie and thought it was entertaining. It had kind of an "Inception" like feel about it to me at times although certainly not as polished or stylishly done. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. At 1 hour and 34 minutes it wasn't nearly as long as Inception either (2hrs. 28min.) so my brain wasn't as weary when we left....thank goodness.

The basic premise of this movie is similar to a 2006 Tony Scott film, "Deja Vu" that starred Denzel Washington. The protagonists in both movies use time travel to investigate a terrorist event that has already occurred and....well, I won't spoil either one for you. Other than the basic plot, the movies go in different directions and are totally unique.

Both are good movies, but the intangibles in Source Code are a little less intangible than in Deja Vu....and Inception for that matter.

A lot of what sells this movie is a very good performance by Jake Gyllenhaal who plays Captain Colter Stevens, a helicopter pilot serving in Afghanistan who is unexpectedly thrust into this mission . Also, the suspense builds in layers up until the climax and you can't really help but be drawn into the story. There are some scenes in the movie that have a slight "Hitchcock" type feel about them that help to build the suspense as well. Duncan Jones is the director and did a good job in this regard.

Reviewers are raving about the Source Code and although I'm not quite as enamored with it as that, I do think it was pretty good and well worth checking out.

The ending of the movie for me was satisfying as well......no "spinning tops". Ha!

Grade: B+
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Yeah, I've seen the trailers of this film on tv a few times. I'll probably give it a rent when it comes to video.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• krips
      • Sep 2007

If they would have made the movie 2 minutes shorter it would've been a lot better IMO. Decent movie, terrible ending. Several key continuity errors but its entertaining.
      Sharp LC-42D64U
      TriTrix MTM (Sealed)

Comment

• M.Roberts8
        • Jan 2006

This one reminded me of Deja Vu with Denzel in the previews anyway. I'm with George going to netflix it.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"