X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

"Firefly" just keeps hanging around!

We've had several discussions here in the Guide about the show "Firefly", which spawned a movie "Serenity". It's really interesting how the public interest in this show not only stayed strong after it's cancellation, with some noticeable uproar, but there's STILL quite a bit of strength to it, NINE years after it aired! It's back in the news again, as The Science Channel has bought the rights to the original show, and plans to re-air it. Nathan Fillion (Castle), who played the Serenity's captain, Mal, said that he would like to own the rights to the show himself, and reprise his role.

The show re-airs in about a week and a half, and this time it's in high-def. (cool!) Well, now fans are starting a movement to help him buy the show. Could we really ever see a re-start of the show? Personally, I think it's possible. I think all of the actors in the show are still going strong in the industry, and Joss Whedon is still around. Not likely, but possible.

We've had several discussions here about the show and Serenity. Here's some of the longer ones:

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Yeah it was a great show, a bit on the cheesy side sometimes but it was older. I'd love to see a come back of it personally. Now that Sci Fy has axed Stargate (pretty upset about that....) need some sort of new show to follow lol. Seems like a ton of shows I was pretty interested in this past year have gotten the ax.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"