X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Shrek Forever After

One of my favorite thing about summertime is all the movies that come out. I wasn't impressed with my last movie, Robin Hood. I took my boys to see Shrek Forever After this past Saturday. I wasn't really expecting much because I didn't like the last Shrek, the last Austin Powers, and the Love Guru. Frankly, I haven't really been impressed with Mike Myers late work.

Fortunately, he learned from his mistake and did something right. This movie was great! Very funny and I must admit I think it's just as good as the first Shrek, if not better. He's comedy style changed though. Not as many cheesy lines. HOWEVER, there were a few parts that were REALLY messed up. lol. No kid would get it, but you just watch it and think "whoa... really?" Like, the antagonist's army is a bunch of witches. He threw some lines where you know it's meant to be "bitches" instead of "witches". Donkey and Gigi had some parts... I won't spoil it. It's funny... but it wasn't the lines that were funny. It was more the fact that you hear it and think "Mike Myers is crazy!" lol

In many parts, the movie was actually kinda romantic. The ending really was. But from beginning to end, the movie never became boring or played out. Really great movie. Highly recommend it! :T
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

I took my daughter to see it (mercifully, there was a 2D showing) last week and we enjoyed it a fair bit. My favourite remains the second one (by a slim margin over the first one, though I like them all) but this was worth the trip to the cinema.

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

Oh, I didn't even know there was a 3D version. No 3D version here. (or maybe that should be a ) ha ha
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

Number one Shrek was enough for me.
        My Homepage!

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Pretty much the same for me. While some of Shrek was fun, it just never reached the "Pixar greatness" level for me. I'll watch this new one when it's a BD rental someday from Netflix, but that's about it.
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by George Bellefontaine
            Number one Shrek was enough for me.
            Originally posted by Chris D
            Pretty much the same for me. While some of Shrek was fun, it just never reached the "Pixar greatness" level for me. I'll watch this new one when it's a BD rental someday from Netflix, but that's about it.
            What you guys said. . . . (see Burke, it works : )

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• AwArEnEsS
              • Nov 2009

What do you think about the performances of actors and actresses in the movie?

Ok just kidding :lol:
              The universe arises from definitionless awareness.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"