X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • numberoneoppa
    • Sep 2009

How To Train Your Dragon

I took my sisters and girlfriend to see this movie this past weekend. We saw it at the local theater on a pretty small screen, though it was in 3D. All I can say about this movie is that I was blown away! I came in expecting your run of the mill average Dreamworks comp-animation film and what I got was so much more. The story was riveting, the visuals were quite nice, and it was really funny. I couldn't help but think while watching it that I would have to buy it on bluray when it came out.

Highly recommended!
    -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Hey, great to hear! I also anticipated it as a so-so kind of movie, so I'll have to check it out!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Ovation
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

My daughter and I quite enjoyed it, though (again) far too many parents took their too young children to see it. Anyone who thinks it was suitable for a 4 year old should take remedial parenting classes. Skipped the 3-D version and have no regrets--it looked quite impressive in 2-D (I've yet to see a 3-D film that I liked better than its 2-D counterpart--plus I HATE wearing the glasses).

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

... which is one of the reasons why I seriously doubt that 3D really is about to become mainstream.
        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Isaac
          • Jan 2006

How to Train Your Dragon

This was a very good movie. Very original. :T

Comment

• numberoneoppa
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Ovation
            My daughter and I quite enjoyed it, though (again) far too many parents took their too young children to see it. Anyone who thinks it was suitable for a 4 year old should take remedial parenting classes. Skipped the 3-D version and have no regrets--it looked quite impressive in 2-D (I've yet to see a 3-D film that I liked better than its 2-D counterpart--plus I HATE wearing the glasses).
            My girlfriend is Korean and has a smaller nose than most of us Americans. The glasses just won't stay on her face.

That being said, I agree with you about 3D but my sister (9-y-o) insisted on it!
            -Josh

That feeling when things are finally going right. Yeah, that one.

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Just saw this one, in 2D. Thought it was very, very good! I give :4: or :45: out of :5:, and it's probably the best movie I've seen this year. Added it to my Amazon wish list, too.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"