X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • M.Roberts8
    • Jan 2006

Sherlock Holmes

Just watched this one today. Wondering what others thought about it?
    I enjoyed it and I am assuming it is pretty true to the characters in the books, can't say for sure having never read them myself. I know some people thought the trailer looked too action packed for a Holmes movie but I thought it was balanced quite well. Just curious what others think.

Trailer
  • ClosetSciFiGeek
    • Oct 2009

Also Interested

With as much money as most of us have in our home theaters I don't get out to the movies all that much(I'd rather watch most of it at home with friends). My daughter is going to see this with some friends today, I'll let you know what she thinks. I didn't hear good things about the movie, but obviously not having seen it I am no expert. I'll base my decision on what she says. Right now it is looking like a NetFlix item.
    "You get what you Inspect, not what you Expect"
    -Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2001

Yeah, I'm going to wait and rent it.
      My Homepage!

Comment

• Industrial
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ClosetSciFiGeek
        With as much money as most of us have in our home theaters I don't get out to the movies all that much(I'd rather watch most of it at home with friends). My daughter is going to see this with some friends today, I'll let you know what she thinks. I didn't hear good things about the movie, but obviously not having seen it I am no expert. I'll base my decision on what she says. Right now it is looking like a NetFlix item.
        I feel the same way about going out to see movies now. Even in IMAX I find the screen blurry and the SQ awefull. I do want to see this movie on blueray. I did go to see avatar yesterday because I don't have a 3d yet

Comment

• Race Car Driver
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

I saw it last night with the lady. I thought it was an enjoyable movie with some good entertainment.
          B&W

Comment

• greenhorn
            • Feb 2007

Wife Wanted To See It In Theater

There is much appreciation for the home theater by everyone, but my wife likes to see movies in the theater every once in a while. Generally Saturday or Sunday morning some time after opening, cheaper and less money. Went and saw Sherlock Homes today. I thought it to be pretty good. I was a fun of the Basil Rathbone series as a kid (they were old then) and we just happened to what one of those not to long ago. In some ways then new one was different, in some ways much the same. I like Sherlock was a little more youthful and there was a female interest, I liked how it was true to his powers of observation and deduction.

At first I thought it might be too dark, but it wasn't. I also wondered if Guy Ritchie was going to make it too flashy or there would be too much "action", but there wasn't. Great opprotunity for a few more, series like.

If you haven't seen it, definately something to look forward to. :T

Comment

• Ovation
              Super Senior Member
              • Sep 2004

Saw it this afternoon with a good buddy of mine. Very entertaining.

Comment

• henrinaiara

I am a spammer. I have numm nuts, and no life.
                Last edited by Chris D; 04 March 2010, 08:15 Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"