X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Inglourious Basterds????

hello all,

how old is this film? a part 2 was released on dvd on tues aug. 18.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

Sounds like you're shopping at bootleg DVD stores. The first movie with that title was released in 1978, but had no sequel. The new Quentin Tarantino movie of that name was just released to theaters.

Kevin D.

Comment

• june
      • Feb 2005

thanks kevin,

it's the original
      June

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Wow, interesting find.. This is why I hate marketing. If you read some of the reviews, it looks like a bad 80's movie called Hell Heroes happened to have a guy that starred in the original Bastards.

Some how they were able to legally (maybe not) slap the title "Inglorious Bastards 2" in front of it just in time to get on the excitement for the new movie.

From what I've found this is not a sequel, it just happens to star one of the same actors.

Kevin D.

Comment

• Bob
          • Jul 2000

I don't know about the older Chuck Norris film but, if you are a Tarantino fan, you will love this movie. It has the interesting dialog style found in Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. The Nazi SS captain is especially fun to watch. Then, of course, there is also the typical Tarantino over the top violence.

Comment

• june
            • Feb 2005

BTW did anyone see the remake last weekend?
            June

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

I think this is one that I'll wait on. At least until Netflix has it available.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Bob
                • Jul 2000

I understand that many live in areas that have poor quality theaters or, don't like the crowds. If you do have a theater that you like and you liked Pulp Fiction or Kill Bill, then don't wait for the DVD.
                What I do to avoid crowds is go to late afternood showings and have dinner afterwards. I have found that the showings that are just prior to the dinner hour have the least people. Good for action films. For comedies I like crowds, laughter is contagious.

Comment

• M.Roberts8
                  • Jan 2006

If you like Tarrantino movies you will probably like it. I particularly liked Brad Pitt and the guy who plays the german Col. Hans Landa. I found my self actually liking him sometimes. It isn't factual in anyway but it was entertaining.

Comment

• Maceo23
                    • Dec 2006

Great Flick. The german Col. should be nominated for a best supporting Oscar

Comment

• littlesaint
                      • Jul 2007

Col. Hans Landa:

Known for: Django Unchained, Inglourious Basterds, The Zero Theorem
                      Santino

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"